Avira AntiVir Premium 30% off € 13.95 (Winter Sale)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Chubb, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Thanks very much :thumb:

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Omg brilliant was just looking to get this too!!! Ermmm what is thiso_Oo_O there goes the 8discount? no opt out?

Contribution to the Auerbach Foundation AU$ 7.07 "DONATIONS SHOULDN"T BE COMPULSARYo_O On Principle i wont get it unless it's taken off!!!!! I am really only getting 1 dollar discount!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! I have too admit I've always felt reluctant and suspicious of the real or supposed nature of the Auerbach Foundation. It should be left up to the consumer if this cause is worth the monetary commitment. As such it leaves an indifferent attitude on the surface, as to what appears to be a fair price for a quality product. Sincerely...Securon

5. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Said better than i, i just feel there should be opt in our out, not forced. To me the 8 dollars discount i get isn't really there. I wont buy till i have that option.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Most people aren't wringing there hands over it. But I found this using Bing.http://www.auerbach-foundation.com/Foerderung-Bildung-Wissenschaft-Kultur-Kunst-Forschung.aspx

7. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

The "Auerbach Foundation" donation is just Aviras way of avoiding the European Union tax on that portion of the cost, because it's a charitable organization, but in reality it is of course, at least to a large extent, a part of the price for the product.

8. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! King Grub...your reply and observation mirrors the real intent. The Foundations Message is a warm spin....peace...love...groovy...then comes along the hard edged business spin....consumer beware...business as usual...business as usual. Sincerely...Securon

9. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Even with the donation to their foundation it is still very reasonably priced and it consistently does well in tests.

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Post.

11. shadek

shadek Registered Member

€14 including the donation is not much to talk about. You get a top-tier antivirus for nearly nothing.

12. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

£12.39 in the UK, does it do anything that Avast Free doesn't?

13. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

avira cost 19.99 whit 30% off 13.99 great, going to check out 12.59+ 7.00 donation = 19.63, so no 30% off for me

when i donate something i give it to cancer or some charity that i like , so i wont be buying nothing from avira

14. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

There's price and principal. People who have reservations about the donation usually are not complaining about the price- it's the principal of the forced donation. It's really a twist of irony that the donation, based on the principal of good will, I'm sure, is supposed to be to some charitable organization yet those who have reservations about the donation are told to just overlook their principals and pay the money anyway because it's a good deal. That's a double standard if you ask me.

15. carat

carat Guest

Yes - it detects more malware :D

16. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Not only that, but I think also the Web guard is not included in the free version. The web guard is very good for stopping browser exploits before they can do harm. (I have the web guard set to the highest heuristics.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.