Avira and CIS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by blacknight, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Sorry, probably there is already some post about this, but I can't find it. Does Avira run together CIS totally enabled, or I have to disable Comodo av ?

2. gery

gery Registered Member

Yuo must disable one of the Av .It is with every other Av running a realtime scanner.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

im running the exact setup as u are saying, Avira + CIS(AV NOT INSTALLED, i chose to not install it at all just to be safe, not just disable it)

4. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Can some tell whether is having problems with download speeds with Avira, compared to other AV's.

When i run some other AV's i.e. e.g i have download speeds of 300 or 320 KB/sec, while using Avira previously(1 or 1,5 month ago) my download speed dropped for 33%, to around 220-230 KB/sec and now dropped to 180 KB/sec. which i find a great difference.

And is this related with combination of AV with other security software such as in this case Comodo?

5. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

It's the Http scanner. It doesn't actually slowdown anything, the download speed looks slower, but the download ends sooner.

6. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

Hi. I have never noticed any slowing of DL speed with Avira (premium).

I imagine any slowing will be due to another application - firewall possibly.

MZ

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Both will run togther but disable real time Comodo AV to avoid conflicts n slow downs.

8. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

LOL ive noticed that, a fill is like 50% or 75% done then all of a sudden the download finishes, never really stopped to think about it till u mentioned it

9. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Interesting.
    I will have to check this again with Avira Premium, although i have some doubts.

Thanks emperordarius.

10. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

This is actually a great combo. I was using Avira Free and CPF with D+ for over a year and never had any problems. Now, I'm using CIS exclusively without Avira.

Ice

11. 3xist

3xist Guest

Rule of thumb: NEVER use 2 AV's at the same time. The AV in CIS is architectured to work with the Firewall & Defense+, hence running an AV beside it would cause conflicts as well.

Cheers,
    Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.