Avira=A group that cares

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am using the new beta suite and it is really nice. It really doesnt matter about the added features because there are numerous posts here about them. But the folks behind the closed doors are the ones working hard to bring you, what I think, will be the premier product for 2007 and beyond. Whatever your issue, whatever your concern, they intend to hear you and work to resolve and make the best product there is. People like Stefan Kurtzhals, who is one of the 2 best malware people I know. The other is IC. People like Smustaca, who doesnt get let out of the cage to much due to workload. If you visit the Avira support forums, you know Radu Gheorghe and Nicolae Moldoveanu. And the beta forum you know Hschuette. These are just a few names of the 250 plus folks working hard to bring you a great product. And if you need help, call on them because they will respond. Spend some time and actually read about this group.:)

2. bugsy_pal

bugsy_pal Registered Member

Have they fixed the issue with not being able to download updates if you connect to the web via a proxy server? My ISP uses a silent proxy and there is no way that I can avoid that - which made it impossible for me to get complete updates via download. It's an issue that numerous people have had, and when I last checked the forums, were still having.

3. FRug

FRug Registered Member

That's most likely an issue with your ISPs proxy, and not their program. I am using a proxy myself, and things work flawlessly, after all they are offering their own proxy server / gateway products as well. Pretty much every ISP is using a proxy somwhere on the way between you and your target destination, even if it's just for caching.

4. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Can you post some screen shots and whats new in BETA?

5. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Radu and Barry give great support.

6. smustaca

smustaca AV Expert

Thanks for the nice words, trjam. :)
    We do our best here to keep everyone safe ... for many, for free.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

As long as they'll keep that dumb update popup, i'm not going to AVIRA even if it has 100% detection. Yes, its so freakin annoying. Until then, so long. I'm sticking with avast!.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

And that is cool to, no one should blame another for what choice they make.:)

9. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Here is my vote too. Avira software, support, peoples all are great EXCEPT for their forum software. Either its buggy or it simply doesn't like me.

10. Zimzi

Zimzi Registered Member

Avira AntiVir is simple AV software that is always one step ahead. It is my favorite software for almost four years.

11. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Yes i agree, they should not update at all. Afterall even then their heuristics would still let avast cd player way behind them concerning virus detectionrates but what also can be said is it's darn handy listening to music while scanning. Who am i kidding :thumbd:

12. pykko

pykko Registered Member

nice said trjam. Totally agree with you. They really CARE. :)

13. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Hey..you haven't been hired as aviras PR guy have you?... (thats a joke by the way ;))
    I have to agree.The support was always good,..it was just the product didn't like my aging machine ;(
    ellison

14. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Nice advertisement. :p

15. pykko

pykko Registered Member

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

And how long ago was that, because a lot has changed in this product since last September. And no I am not a spokesperson, just a paid customer who likes the ability to actually communicate with these folks. Their own support forum is also good. I have ranted and yelled their, quite a few times.:rolleyes: ;)

17. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

The product has changed but my aging machine hasn't ;) ,and i yelled at their forums a few times too.As i said ,support was always good.However no amount of support can help with progressing OS incompatibility.
    ellison

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

now was that with the suite or just the AV. And hey man, I understand, if it doesnt work, you have to do, what you have to do.

19. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

o_O Is there a trial for the Personal Premium Paid version. I can only get a trial for the workstation version.o_O

20. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

uhh...there is no difference

Gerard

21. Access Denied

That helps alot :D Thanks Gerard.

22. bugsy_pal

bugsy_pal Registered Member

While the downloading update problems are most likely related to my ISP, I can't do anything by myself as my ISP uses a silent proxy. All I can do is contact the ISP and ask them to exclude Avira's download servers from their caching.

However, there should not be a need for this - other AV vendors can deliver update files through these silent proxies.

Having said that, I have in the last day or so been able to get downloadable updates OK using Avira Classic - but not with the demo of Avira Premium - go figure...

23. Access Denied

I really like this AV! It seems to be really light on my system. So far so good. I will buy it, if it stays this nice over the entire trial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.