Avira 9 and AT&T Wolrdnet ISP Problem ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JosephB, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Is anyone using Avira 9 and the AT&T Worldnet - ISP and getting the below False Postive "Guard" Alerts when accessing the AT&T Worldnet - ISP Home Page:

Starting yesterday and continuing today, everytime I go to my ISP's Home Page (AT&T Worldnet), the Avira "Guard" is Alerting on "HTML/Crypted.Gen - HtML Virus !!!

I get at least a half dozen alerts everytime I go to my ISP's Home Page. I can not change ISP's at this point and I hope that I don't have to uninstall Avira because of this and I can't handle all these alerts everytime I go to my ISP"s Home Page.

.... In case this helps, I browsed the file that Avira's Guard is Alerting on for the "HTML/Crypted.Gen " and it is a xxxxx.htm file which has one 1 line in it which looks like the name of a common Ad Server that I recognize that they have always used for their ad's but it appears in this one line .htm file enclosed within the syntax of IFRAME.

What can I do as a "workaround" to stop these Avira "Guard" Alerts so that I can get to my ISP's Home Page which I also go to get my Webmail from my ISP's Home Page o_O

NOTE: I have updated today to the latest pgm update and latest update definition of SAS and SAS finds nothing on my PC.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.