Avira 9 and AT&T Wolrdnet ISP Problem ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JosephB, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Is anyone using Avira 9 and the AT&T Worldnet - ISP and getting the below False Postive "Guard" Alerts when accessing the AT&T Worldnet - ISP Home Page:

Starting yesterday and continuing today, everytime I go to my ISP's Home Page (AT&T Worldnet), the Avira "Guard" is Alerting on "HTML/Crypted.Gen - HtML Virus !!!

I get at least a half dozen alerts everytime I go to my ISP's Home Page. I can not change ISP's at this point and I hope that I don't have to uninstall Avira because of this and I can't handle all these alerts everytime I go to my ISP"s Home Page.

.... In case this helps, I browsed the file that Avira's Guard is Alerting on for the "HTML/Crypted.Gen " and it is a xxxxx.htm file which has one 1 line in it which looks like the name of a common Ad Server that I recognize that they have always used for their ad's but it appears in this one line .htm file enclosed within the syntax of IFRAME.

What can I do as a "workaround" to stop these Avira "Guard" Alerts so that I can get to my ISP's Home Page which I also go to get my Webmail from my ISP's Home Page o_O

NOTE: I have updated today to the latest pgm update and latest update definition of SAS and SAS finds nothing on my PC.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.