AVIRA 8 Release Notes - Now released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tommy, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Re: AVIRA 8 Release Note

No flicker here, so maybe it is the PC.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Hi argus :) the word means Emergency Service ;)

Hope your wiser now :cool:

3. KoRnGtL15

KoRnGtL15 Registered Member

I noticed ZoneAlarm prompted me with MailScanner and WebGuard to run as a server. Is it okay to say yes or is it unsafe?

4. Bluenile

Bluenile Registered Member

I've got the Webguard running again and it seems OK now, it passes the GRC Leak Test with a pop up telling me it wants to connect. I think I had somehow added the Leak Test to Comodo as a trusted program, once I removed it the alerts showed as normal.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Yes, rebooting fixed the flicker on the Events page.

The screen for archive scan in configuration for Lukefilewalker is blank when I click on it. After several seconds my screen convulses and flickers and then I see the information for archive scanning. That was all changed too after the upgrade. Most settings were left as I had them but that one had the archive depth at default not how I had it. Settings for Guard were also reverted to default instead of keeping my settings.

Probably an uninstall and then fresh install of ver 8 will fix the archive screen that is blank for a bit. But I don't want to attempt now to download a copy of ver 8 as download is very slow from Hawaii under the best of conditions. I would not have done it from within ver 7 at all except I had to if I wanted to get new VDF files.

6. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

The new Avira Premium Security Suite is running just fine on my new Vista. (with 4GB Ram)

7. JasSolo

JasSolo Registered Member

Have you tried reinstall graphic card drivers again ?

Cheers

8. waters

waters Registered Member

What a difference from a couple of years ago when it was all about Nod and all the rants from Wildman about antivir

9. FRug

FRug Registered Member

Actually "Hilfdienst" means "Helper Service", so it should basically be a service used by different parts of an application to perform common tasks.

10. noway

noway Registered Member

Did the previous version have translation problems in the GUI such as the examples in Posts #322 and #345? Could one expect these things to be fixed fairly quickly?

11. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Installed Avira Antivir Premium 8 and everything runs like oil. Looks good, feels good.......Webscanning included: No Slowdown at all!!! To be short: Great AV scanner with great detection etc. :thumb:

12. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Didn't you see my post just above yours? I reported that rebooting fixed the flickering.

13. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

With Webguard running while I accessed CNN dot com, using Firefox, I received several "Alert" pop-ups telling me that CNN had switched servers while the page was loading. This flurry of Alert pop-ups repeated with every CNN page that I visited.

With Webguard running while I accessed fileforum dot betanews dot com, using K-meleon, I received repeated "Error" pop-ups telling me that the page had no data. However, the page did have data, & loaded normally. Even so, the "no data" pop-up recurred repeatedly.

When I uninstalled Webguard, the above-described pop-ups ceased to occur. I have left Webguard uninstalled -- it's a PITA as far as I am concerned.

14. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Just tried a few CNN.com sites, but I don't have any problems/popups at all. Same with Betanews.com, no problem at all. You can see again, that everybody seems to have different behaviours on different machines with different configurations. I use IE 7 and I must say......I've tried every browser available and I always turn back to IE, never have problems with it and I even find it the fastest!
    Hope you can sort something out with the new Avira when browsing, but it would be a shame having to disable Webguard.

15. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Running version 8 here,no problems at all! Alot faster then version 7!:thumb:

16. waters

waters Registered Member

Running great here,will buy after 6 months

17. Technic

Technic Registered Member

This is awesome release from Avira. I had to reboot my PC twice to get all modules working. :p

18. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

No problems with it over here too. CNN.com went well, no problems at betanews too

19. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Performing a clean install on all systems:

The screen for archive scan in configuration is blank for a couple off seconds.

Windows security center reports that Avira Premium is out of date. After a reboot, that was resolved.

Performing a full scan with local protection scanner settings, "Last complete system scan" in the main overview GUI doesn't change. "Scan system now" resolved that.

20. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I never did get the guard working.I retried in safe mode,I shut off Comodo.Perhaps I should've left out Web Guard all together.:'(

21. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

In the help contents in the Avira 8 GUI under 'installation' it states that Avira creates a system restore point.

If like me you have system restore turned off, are any problems likely to occur because of that?

22. rookieman

I uses Winpatrol to limit things starting up.All services were started for Avira,I ran v7 perfectly with no problems at all.But the strange thing was under msconfig I couldn't get it started.I haven't been using Vista very long and this was the first time I tried to update through the updater.I tried to install this like 4 times.:'(

23. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Some of you people have way too many other forms of software installed for your defenses,and when installing new programs such as this,your gonna find your gonna have some "lil problems". Just dont jump the gun and blame Avira ;)

24. rookieman

I'm not blaming Avira at all.I'm sure this little glitch i'm having will get fixed.I still thinks that this program is excellent when I gets it running.I also have experienced that some people will have probs with some software.;)

25. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Thats cool,I'm not pointing fingers,it's just when "new software" gets released,it's always someone who wants to jump the company and it's not always their fault. Gotta look at yourself first before lookin for the problem ahead sometimes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.