Avira 10 launched

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ibrad, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acuariano

acuariano Registered Member

good for avira.

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

Yes, if Avira will integrate a HIPS module that will be impossible to COMPLETELY unhook from my computer I will change my antivirus solution.

3. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Err... unhook as in uninstall, disable or not install to begin with?

4. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Did you have,the box, in configuration, ( general > threat categories > fraudulent software ) ticked.Just out of interest ?

5. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

Just installed the new Avira 10 on my father's laptop. Light as feather :thumb:

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Did it update ok? I know there is another thread about updating , but I was asking about your case specifically.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  7. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

8. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

New Version Is Out....

Avira AntiVir Premium 10.0.0.601

Avira Premium Security Suite 10.0.0.540

9. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Changelog?

10. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

No changelog posted yet. Post #7 at the link above details what is fixed with this build/update. I may get brave and reload my Avira Premium in a few hours, I have 16 months left on my license so....:rolleyes: :eek: :)

11. johnyjohn

johnyjohn Registered Member

Hi,

As for other product updates, there will be no changelog published.

Also please note that what is said in message 7 is just some of the fixes. ;)

12. iravgupta

See, they are doing something unique here. They are not claiming much in a concrete fashion. You are supposed to chip in with your issue, and expect some mod to say if that particular issue has been fixed or not. Quote from post # 2 -
    "if you have had another problem just ask if it was fixed or not."
    That's the way to go. This will promote greater interaction between mods and users. That way Avira will be able to better understand user needs and make version 11 a truly great product. This is the kind of attitude that made me start loving Avira after release of V10.

13. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Pardon me, but I have absolutely no desire to interact with their broken forum to ask whether and which ones out of the myriad of issues I had w/ v10 are fixed or not. This is what changelogs/release notes/whatever you call it are used for so that I can check it myself and decide whether I should even bother with the update or not. Pretty much a standard practice for every serious vendor out there. I do not wish to wade through tons of duplicate threads and wait for someone to answer and guess whether the answer is actually correct or not.

14. iravgupta

But then how will the mods get to know you and your needs better? Don't you want that someday Avira people will be able to put up a TV spot where people will say 'Antivir 11 was ~Snipped~ my idea'.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
  15. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

In a nutshell all I can say is I like Avira but that Forum of theirs really isn't a Forum. It's more a post it/yellow sticky site. Put something there and maybe someone will notice...:blink:

16. doktornotor

Well, it isn't a forum b/c of their "antispam". They call it antispam, I call it complete communication breakdown. There are people who have answers, but they can't respond to other people's threads. Epic failure.

17. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Exactly and that's what buggers me. You want to respond to someone in Avira's Forum, especially when you see a post you have an answer for. Then you come back hours later and the post is still dangling waiting for a response. I have seen people post a question then respond to their own post just to move it back to the top of the heap...sad...:blink: :)

18. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I'm at 10.0.0.916 (Professional version)

19. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Installed Avira Free on last Friday on 3 LAPTOPS and all failed to upgrade (I waited like an hour and restarted lots of times) :cautious: :thumbd: :thumbd:

Got ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ and uninstalled it, and installed Avast! Free and Panda Cloud AV on others :D :thumb: :thumb:

20. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Yep, I had the update problem again. It was working without a hitch for 2 weeks and then it couldn't update the definitions. I was only using it as a on-demand scanner but uninstalled it since I'm happy with the AV I'm currently using.

Ice

21. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Anyone tried the updated version of Avira:10.0.0.601...o_O I have had it going for two days and all seems to be well so far. I have the premium version and it runs smooth as Avira 9. I have it running with Look N Stop 2.07 and Prevx 3...:cool:

22. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

For you to respond to a thread at the Avira forums you have to be a "community member"....you have to apply for it unlike here you can contribute outright to a thread you know and intend to help.

23. ablatt

ablatt Registered Member

I just uninstalled Avira AntiVir Premium 10 Build 601 because it was causing intermittent problems for my Windows 7 64-bit PC coming out of sleep. The PC would freeze for minutes, with avgntflt.sys timeout errors on various files, the AntiVir service shutting down and re-starting on its own, and guardgui errors in the event log.

First time I've seen these problems. I used version 9 for quite a while and never saw errors like these before.

I think they need to get their act together fast, as their reputation is being damaged. I see build 603 is out already but who knows if it fixes my problems as they never post a change log.

Considering NIS, Eset or Avast but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

24. doktornotor

Yeah, people don't have time to do this trial-and-error kind of experiments w/ supposedly production stuff. After a week, I did have a quick look over their forums, except for two issues I couldn't figure out what got fixed in the first update at all, it seems still tons of people have definition update problems, it seems they still are cramming this broken v10 down their paying customer's throat b/c if you downgrade to v9 then it's either no updates at all (not even definitions and not even manual ones) or a forced upgrade. And it also seems that the professionality level of support is still at freezing point, stuck with the "Please post HTJ log" and "Uninstall/disable A, B, C, D, E..." type of "answers". And I see lots of fed up users running away to Avast and MSE.
    :thumbd:

25. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I am afraid I would have to disagree on no updates when running avira premium 9, I am running this version without any problems at all, plus it fully updates automatically, or if you run a manual update as well.

I am avoiding V10 for a while yet, just to see how thing progress with avira and to see if they can fix more issues with V10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.