AVG update question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Detox, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Ok the story setup is this... I also take care of my folks puter 215 miles away, and so I have them using AVG as am I. Yes, I would like to buy NOD but I'm a poor guy with a nice machine now ;-)

Anyway, if I miss 1 or 2, hell however many updates.. on their computer, will the latest update catch it up? Or must I somehow find all the old ones.. Or am I screwed.... Or will I stop typing now... argh!

2. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

you're doooooooooooooooomed!!!

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I would be illogical to have to roll forward all the updates - new customers would be forever downloading years' worth of signatures.  The transfer size alone indicates that each update is complete and stand-alone.  You can safely return to your shiny new magnificent computer, whose glorious spec you keep throwing in our faces!  Grr!

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

lol! Checkout is quite right, Detox - all updates are cumulative (meaning that any one in particular will catch you up with any you may have missed).

If you're worried about them missing updates, AVG can be set up to automatically check for updates monthly/weekly/daily at whatever hour you wish, and you probably should set it up like that on their computer since you're not there at least once a week. (Next time you're there, set it up to check daily at an hour that they might usually have it turned on). Pete

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

What a dreadful omen! I better start hoarding...  :-/

Thanks guys that makes me feel better and this week I'll be down there to get my foot looked at (althought I can walk almost normally now so I think it's gonna be alright) and I will set the AVG as Pete suggests. The computer is always on so I'll have it update in the wee hours of the morning ;-)

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Detox,

Glad your foot seems to get better (but still a wise decision to have a Dr. looked at it).

Take care, Jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.