Avg suite

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi Avg suite wont update last 2 days gives me the updates i need shows them then connectino problem re-enstalled twice anyone else? MD

ok got 1/2 way then said closing connection retempt 1 etc then i get a box saying check internet connex? etc etc

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I do not get any such errors. Can you provide some screenshots of what you see?

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In the past, when I used AVG, I also had sometimes troubles with getting updatings. So I tried on different hours and suddenly it worked properly.

4. maddawgz

sure firecat here ya go Erik i tired again this morning i did manage an update last night after like 20 attempts weird..... this am its doing it again here is screeny gets 1/2 way stops i did see a config error so not sure what that means? MD

done 4 re-enstalls and repairs too the free version doesnt do this. and upon repair mode i got this msg
    Local machine: installed successfully
    Installation:
    Warning: Action failed for file avgmfx86.sys: stopping service....
    Service AvgMfx86 failed to progress during stopping at checpoint 0 (wait hint 10000 ms) in 90719 ms.

Attached Files:

• avg.jpg
      avg.jpg
      File size:
      134.4 KB
      Views:
    • av4e.jpg
      av4e.jpg
      File size:
      150.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

avgmfx86.sys is related to AVG's real-time monitor. I think this error happens if you upgraded from an older version of AVG to the latest one via the "Recommended Updates" option. I noticed that sometimes the uninstallers/reinstallers are not updated when the product itself is. In this case, you should download a fresh copy of the latest version of AVG IS.

I have looked at your screenshots, and while I occasionally get the "Attempt of connection establishment" messages (usually disappear after 1/2 seconds), I have nver encountered any connection errors while updating AVG. I find AVG's Akamai servers to be fast and reliable. Perhaps you should take this issue up with Grisoft. :)

6. maddawgz

thanks firecat ive just dl a fresh copy going to install now let u know tx

7. maddawgz

still no go i installed free and was fast interesting and seperate AS might keep that then MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.