AVG Suite and Cleaning Ability

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by huntnyc, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge with how well or not AVG Suite can clean out what it detects? I am a firm believer of keeping malware off in th efirst place butg if for some reason, machine has already been infected, how does AVG stack up compared to others in this respect and thanks.

Gary

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

in my experience with the the software, only on a few occasions it will not remove,

but it 'always' places it in virus vault, so no problems, i prefer it to be in there as i can pick and choose which to restore :)

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

You may be able to get a small amount of cleaning/disinfection information from the latest PCWorld article. Look at the “Test Report” for each AV to see their cleaning abilities.
    Chart overview page

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Cleaning is better with the Ewido engine as compared to AVG engine, but this should change in the 8.0 version. AVG Suite is still decent enough (IMO) in this regard though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.