AVG Linkscanner 9 nag screen

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by m00nbl00d, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hello friends,

I just finished installing AVG Linkscanner 9 on a family member's computer, and to my surprise there's a freaking nag screen.

I've been looking on how to remove it, but so far nothing, and the only place where I found someone else complaining was AVG Free forum, and there's a link there, but then a error comes up saying the page doesn't exist.

Does anyone use this application and have successufuly remove it?

Thanks

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Try a re-install and don't install the safe surfing bar (only search protection). This will still filter out sites with browser exploits.

Regards Kees

3. m00nbl00d

Thanks for replying.

I didn't install it with the Yahoo bar (I believe this is what you mean?). Anyway, the LinkScanner UI won't practically be open, so I don't think my family member will freak out with it, though annoying to be there.

It seems that AVG is trying a new severe approach to get more clients. Nag screens, forcing users to uninstall any other security software, like antivirus, due to an "incompatibility" with AVG Linkscanner. Right! Of course, this "incompatibility doesn't exist if AVG Linkscanner is installed first. :blink:

Anyway, thanks.

4. tim2go

tim2go Registered Member

Open AVG go to / tools / Advanced Settings/ Schedules / Program Update Schedule, and uncheck the box beside "Enable this Task"
    Now you'll have no more nag screen !

5. progress

progress Guest

Where is the nag screen? I can't find it :)

6. Indyan

Indyan Registered Member

Isn't LinkScanner a free product (as in there is no premium version)? What exacly does the nag screen say?
    Anyways, I am using Opera 10.6. I believe it already includes AVG's protection.

7. m00nbl00d

Sorry, only now I remembered I started this thread.

Anyway, I found one other solution. After installing AVG Linkscanner, I replaced the language file with the one included in AVG Internet Security, and now no more nag screen. Not even a button to push it down.

8. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

with a tool like linkscanner, which updates automatically and silently, why would anyone bother about the nag screen as it appears only when opening the UI?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.