AVG Free users - help please.....

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bahjan, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bahjan

bahjan Registered Member

Hi,

I'm so frustrated!!! Given my problems installing AvastHome I thought I'd try AVG - now when I install I get
    AVG has caused and invalid page fauly at kernel32.dll
    It says if problem persists to contact the vendor - as a fix or advice might be avaliable. However, I can't do this because to contact tech support you have to have installed a commercial version. Even the Free Forums is out of bounds as it requires you click a link once AVG installed.....
    Re the fault I am checking file allocation tables, system files, registry, virus/trojan infection cannot so far find anything to account for the error.

AVG conflicted with any of the following

Firefox 2.0
    Lavasoft SE, Spybot, a-squaredNero 5
    Acronis 8.0

Spywareblaster

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

if you cant install avast or avg, it seems you have something majorly wrong with your operating system, insert your win98 CD, and repair your installation files.

or, format and start again.

then you should consider using your acronis to create a fresh image.

i say this as ive never had problems installing avast or avg in the years ive known about them, not once, so something is not right with your os.

avast or avg, does not conflict with any of those softwares you mentioned.

also, i recommend you switch to XP/vista.

3. bahjan

bahjan Registered Member

Yes - you're right - this issue was resolved by image reinstall - see my thread 'Buffer underrun when installing Avast Home'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.