AVG Free? Any reason I should upgrade and pay

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dawkholiday, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawkholiday

dawkholiday Registered Member

It seems to work fantastic. Catches everything I run into while downloading torrents if I do catch something. Any info is fantastic as I dont see a reason why I should upgrade if it works great. Even have it on my android

2. gery

gery Registered Member

the older versions had less updates i think but i have no clues about the new 2012 version. Support is great and really i like it so much.
    Anyway if you like it yes you will gain a few extrass with it. Do check the website to find out what you might earn
    sincerely Gery

3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

It's not really needed, though the Online Shield and youtube acceleration is nice.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I guess I tend to place a little more importance on the online shield than most people. I know with Eset there is a different heuristic set than with the regular guard so you can't always assume that the regular guard will stop what the online shield will.

5. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I know their online shield works pretty well, as when I was trying to test Avira in virtualbox lastnight AVG on my host PC was blocking a lot of the links. I finally had to disable AVG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.