avg anti-spyware 7.5 exception error during OS startup

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Caine, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caine

Caine Registered Member

I am running win2000 SP4, and have gotten the following error message twice now.
    It happens when I reboot and AVG Antispyware 7.5 won't start then. Another reboot has solved the issue in both these cases. The first time it happened was when I did a reboot after manually installing Security Update for Excel 2000 (KB936511). Is this just a coincidence or is it an indication of some software conflict or corruption?

TIA for any assistance anyone can provide.

Here's all the contents of the C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.err file
    [edit: included the contents of the guard.err file]

2. JPM

JPM Registered Member

I have received the same error a few times now as well. It started after the last update to AVGAS. I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times hoping that might fix it, but it still comes back every few days. I finallly just uninstalled the program for good.

3. cd10b

cd10b Registered Member

Hi. I had this error for the first time today, I use the application all of the time on XP Pro, it seems a bit odd that it's only just happened to me when others report it earlier. I uninstalled the program, rebooted and then ran CCleaner. I've re-installed it and it appears to be working OK now after updating from scratch again. I'll get back here if the same error occurs again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.