AVG 2012

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Firecat, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Currently, there is no email support mentioned on their website for paid products for a few months. The only support options offered are chat and phone. Chat support has long waiting times for queues and phone support is not available for all countries.

AVG does apparently seem to still respond to emails sent directly to them, but all references to a contact form or email support addresses are no longer on the AVG site. The issue seemed big enough that there were threads on AVG's forum about it. This is why it may be better to adopt a wait and watch strategy at this point, unless you're just fine with phone and chat support :)

It's just a "heads up", in my case AVG does respond to the emails I send directly to their support ID.

2. jack76

jack76 Registered Member

I emailed their support about 2 weeks ago,sorry actually they emailed me.So after a couple of emails...it's been quiet...and problem not solved

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Email them again with the support case ID and ask for a status and what's taking so long. They should respond. But like I said, there are some uncertainties and problems with the email support right now.

4. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

5. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

6. jack76

jack76 Registered Member

About Avg support,I don't know what they are doing.I reported my problems about month a go,i have asked what's taking so long all i get is "we will inform you when we have fix to your problem"....:mad:

7. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

8. carat

carat Guest

9. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

10. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

11. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

why doesnt AVG update from 2011 to 20112? I see in the main gui that it has a button on the left side saying there is a new version.

12. carat

carat Guest

... Read more ;)

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Basically what they will use is something similar to Ghostery addon for browsers?

14. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Oh, sneaky! They force you to install their third-party toolbar. :D They could very well add it as an independent tool...

15. carat

carat Guest

I think you're right ;)

16. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

AVG Anti-Virus Free 2012.2126

Anti-Rootkit: Fixed possible BSOD during installation of Anti-Rootkit driver.
    Core: Fixed issue with PUP excludes for registry keys.
    Core: Fixed issue with possible crash in cache server.
    Documentation: Included enhanced help file.
    Email Scanner: Fixed issue with Outlook addin crash.
    Email Scanner: Fixed problem with recognizing new e-mails in Outlook addin.
    General: Implemented new AVG Do-Not-Track feature.
    General: Rolled out log files are compressed on NTFS filesystem.
    General: Boot up time was significantly reduced.
    General: Reduced overall package size for online installation/update using improved compression algorithm.
    General: Anti-Rootkit scan is now a part of the Whole computer scan.
    General: AVG scanning speed was increased significantly.
    General: Fixed problem in web threat data collection.
    Kernel: Fixed crash in avgtray.
    Kernel: Fixed possible high watchdog CPU consumption on corrupted NTFS disks.
    Online Shield: Fixed issue with data corruption on cnet.com.
    Safe Search: SearchShield updated for FireFox 10.
    Safe Surf: Fixed issue with Safe Surf crash.
    Setup: Added detection of Panda Cloud AV and Panda Internet Security AV.
    Setup: Spyware Terminator is now detected as a conflicting application.
    Setup: Invalid path for setting access rights will not cause a setup failure.
    Setup: Function of TargetInstallationPath parameter when there is AVG10 installed already was fixed.
    Setup: Zone Alarm is not detected as a conflicting application any more.
    Setup: If the detected/selected language is not supported by the license used, setup will switch to English automatically.
    Setup: AVG installer checks for the age of the existing installation package, and downloads the up-to-date installation package.
    Setup: Minor arrangements were performed in AVG installer dialogs for easier navigation.
    Setup: Uninstall and Maintenance pages are joined now, and offering more options (e.g. Install PC Tuneup, Update, Convert to AVG Free, Repair, Add/Remove features, Uninstall).
    Setup: Fixed failure on writing to AVG configuration.
    Setup: Fixed problem with AVG 2012 installation over AVG 2011.
    Setup: TargetInstallationPath parameter is correctly accepted by the installer.
    Setup: Avira Server Security is now detected as application blocking installation of AVG.
    User Interface: AVG user interface graphics went through a massive facelift, and some functional details has changed.
    User Interface: Fixed issue with possible crash while upgrading to a new version.
    User Interface: Fixed issue with incorrect file filtering within file browse dialog (Russian localization).
    User Interface: Fixed incorrect focus after selecting multiline checkbox e.g. in LinkScanner component.

http://free.avg.com/ww-en/avg-release-notes#ixzz1biutZH3a

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/avg-release-notes

http://free.avg.com/cz-en/download.prd-afh

http://forums.avg.com/de-de/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=4233

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_...ocks-tracking-ads-monitors-wi-fi-connections/

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  17. jack76

jack76 Registered Member

From download.com:
    This story originally reported that the Do-Not-Track add-on could only be installed with the AVG Toolbar. AVG has confirmed that the two are separate installations.

18. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

I can confirm that.
    Just installed over the previous version and no issues so far.

19. m00nbl00d

I extracted the contents of AVG installer and retrieved the extension file. I'm not sure if it was due to a bug in Chromium, but I couldn't install it. I had to unpack the extension and load it afterwards.

It doesn't block that much. Its database is rather limited. It does allow to block social addons such as G+, Twitter, etc. Those come deselected by default, though.

Anyway, can anyone tell me the extension's ID you get in your Chrome's profile extension folder?

I'd like to rename it accordingly.

Thanks

20. m00nbl00d

-edit-

Never mind. I got the ID. I couldn't make it stick, though. Chromium would remove the contents of the folder. I had to place it outside of the profile folder.

It's working. I visited Softpedia's website and it blocked Google+ social addon. But, it didn't block Twitter and Facebook social addons, though. AVG Do Not Track did show them as being blocked. I suppose I found a bug... or some incompatibility with Chromium... :doubt:

Can anyone reproduce it? Make sure you block everything in the extension's settings.

21. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

22. m00nbl00d

Yeah... It's most unfortunate that AVG doesn't it provide as a standalone tool - as extensions/addons, users can get them without having to download the full package.

They could at least add it to AVG LinkScanner, which has a somewhat smaller installer. :D

23. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

"User Interface: AVG user interface graphics went through a massive facelift, and some functional details has changed."

Any screenshots of the new interface, or is it more the menus, etc. than the overall look?

24. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

same question id like teo see the new interface

25. carat

carat Guest

There are new icons and the interface is darker ... :)

Attached Files:

• avg.png
      avg.png
      File size:
      128.7 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.