Avast Safezone the same as Bitdefender Safepay

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by darts, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victek

Victek Registered Member

It could be argued that on open wifi it doesn't make much difference what security software you run since the connection can be "sniffed". It's like locking the front door of your house really tight while leaving the backdoor unlocked, but you already understand.

2. fax

fax Registered Member

I am not aware of how you would be able to sniff a VPN protected network as no connection are made on clear. :)

3. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Good discussion.

So yes, I sometimes travel and have to use unsecure wireless.

Questions:

Does using Tor help in a security sense in this situation?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

Would using Security Kiss (or a like system) help?
    http://www.securitykiss.com/

Tor is an anonymizing browser that includes VPN (I think). Security Kiss is a VPN that allows some free usage -- and I would not need that much VPN time, so that might work for me.

And Bitdefender Safepay is a browser also. So is it like Comodo Dragon? Is the free version of Safepay pretty much a browser with security setting maxed out?

What are the other similarities and differences between Tor and Security Kiss and would both or either make unsecure wireless more safe?

Thanks,

-ftp

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Agreed. You can't sniff a VPN protected network. You can sniff an unprotected wireless network. VPN is the only way to protect an unsecured wireless connection.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Tor attempts to hide one's location, it doesn't secure a wireless connection. Security Kiss is a VPN service that does secure a wireless connection. Regarding the free version of Security Kiss I found it's performance varied quite a bit but it's worth a try. I've also used a paid version of Security Kiss and the performance was consistently very good.

6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I agree with Victek123. A VPN like like SecurityKiss can only totally make your surfing the net safe when traveling and using unsecured wireless connection.

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Use a VPN to be safe. SecurityKiss is a good free one.:)

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

FWIW you could check out the Privacy section of Wilders and read some of the threads with VPN in the title. They talk VPN's 24/7 more or less :D

9. darts

darts Registered Member

Does Bitdefender Safepay work with Avast 9 Free? Because i did install it and the it is keeping on starting scan for rootkits and it does not go futher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.