Avast: Please share your opinion

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by vlk, Aug 4, 2015.

1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Not sure gaming mode is even necessary, as it appears the program defaults to "fix automatically" by default.

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Roger that, thanks.

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Last version i used was v5 and it is/was a superb antivirus..

4. AMDGamer2016

AMDGamer2016 Registered Member

Is this a product you would consider using (or are using)?
    Yes Using it on My Windows 10 Desktop, Both Windows 10 pro editions, As well as Windows 7 Intel Atom Net Top (revo R 1600, and Android Mobile Phone as well)

It this a product you would recommend to your friend?
    If yes/no, why?
    Yes I would recommened Avast to a Friend even the Free Edition as it offers excellent protection, great system performance speed (occasionally some performance issues, but those are usually solved in a timely manner, Keeps Friends Machines all secure and afe
    What are the things you like about it?

Like the Performance, the Simple to use UI, The Peformance of the Program over the years, the ease of updating/uninstalling or clean installing if needed, overall makes the product a wonderful product in my eyes, do like the silent automatic updates now though
    On the flip side, what do you not like about it?
    Sometimes the ad popups from the system tray, and sometimes don't like the unchecking of chrome check parts

Any other comments/opinions?
    Started using Avast back in January 2006 after a serious PC problem when I was using Microsoft Live OneCare Protection, ended up with a boot sector virus, which destroyed my old machines motherboard/bios, hard drive mbr boot sector, so at the time I switched to Avast and been with it ever since on each PC I've used over the years.

5. merisi

merisi Registered Member

I was put off when Avast when on one Patch Tuesday, it wouldn't let me install the updates saying they were malicious. Then there was the whole issue of the browser extension and privacy and lower detection levels.

I had recommended Avast to a number of people in the past and I still likely would because it's a decent product but it still feels like it wasn't as good as it used to be.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.