Avast opens its new headquarters with a gala event

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Secondmineboy, Jan 24, 2016.

1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

honestly I have. Once Grimefighters keys get installed into your registry they don't go away. Try it and see if you think I am wrong. Don't get me wrong, I really like Avast and think their free solution is better then most paid. But I do know what I am talking about. Just like Webroot, you can delete those keys out but it leaves behind quite a bit of WSA ones.

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

This is why I never install any of the bundles. I don't even use the URL filter.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I guess the question would be, does any of what's left behind actually have any real impact on anything? A few registry keys aren't going to hurt anything if they're just sitting there pointing nowhere. Same with files left behind. If you uninstall Avast normally, is there anything left behind that affects performance or your system in any way whatsoever? Or are we just talking about some dust and dirt sitting around the system that's harmless?

4. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

To be honest, every OS has old and unresolved bugs. Linux had a serious exploit hole that was never solved and was 20 years old :argh: I guess the same happened to avast; but their users need to put more pressure on the issue, just like with old Linux bugs.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

While I like their presentation of "living quarters", I'd much prefer to see how their operations rooms look like. The rooms where the protection magic happens, maybe their server room from where they dispatch updates and data to clients, the "Ai" racks that are dedicated in sorting data and goodware/malware etc. You know, the REALLY interesting part we geeks here at Wilders actually care about the most.

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

it happens not me years ago, it happend another user last days on an uptodate windows 7. so please stop bother me with linux if you dont have nothing special to say.

7. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Now that I think of it, they could have also financed these buildings with debt, so it doesn't say anything about their financial health. In Holland you've got this cable company named Altice, they currently have a debt of 25 billion, it's ridiculous. Their stock has also tanked, not surprisingly.

8. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

That's a point.

9. waking

waking Registered Member

Don't forget that Avast got a huge financial investment not long ago:

Security Software Firm Avast Gets CVC Capital Investment, Now Valued At $1B
    http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/05/se...kes-cvc-capital-investment-at-a-1b-valuation/

AVAST expands into the USA (with a little help from our friends!
    https://blog.avast.com/tag/investment/

10. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Thanks for the info, so money should indeed not be a problem. And Avast is also a company that has been in business for over 25 years, I forgot about that. They seem to be quite successful, I just wish their AV wasn't so bloated.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.