Avast missed the OSX/Crisis.B in new test. Where is their definition add list/link

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Blueshoes, Nov 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueshoes

Blueshoes Registered Member

Avast failed the newly found OSX/Crisis.B in the latest test at what has become the best Mac malware testing site on the internet as of yet, at least I think so.

I know Avast has an area that they log all their added definitions, can someone link me to it so I can see when they add it to their feed.

I might add Intego, Aviria for Mac, F-Secure for Mac, and MacKeeper all have the OSX/Crisis.B definition in their definitions before this test was started on 11/17/2013 and passed. Intego found it and they had it in the soonest. Avast very well could have added it, but not in time to pass the test. I want to see when they add it. The author of this test waits at least 48 hours from when the malware is publicly known to start his tests on newly found malware. In this case OSX/Crisis.B

Thanks

http://securityspread.com/2013/11/18/malware-detection-list-updated-3/

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

3. Blueshoes

Yes, thank you.

Malware nomenclature may be different. If it is the same MD5, Avast was hours or minutes late.

4. Blueshoes

The author of this test at Security Spread retested Avast and the definitions Crisis.(I) are the same as OSX/Crisis.B.

The PDF is changed that Avast found the malware. Found on line#326 of the PDF. Good to see Avast is keeping up to date.

The PDF now has line #s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.