Avast IS virtualized question/problem with Flash in Chrome

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I usually use Chrome to browse the net but have found that on some sites while running Chrome virtualized Flash does not load to steam media (it plays fine on Youtube). Internet Explorer can go to these same sites and load/ stream Flash media fine. Is there some setting I need to make in Chrome or Avast so that Flash will always play correctly while still having the browser virtualized?

thanks

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

I have the same issue.

Are you on an x64 system?

Avast told me sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Oh well. Thats when I came to the conclusion that the Avast sandbox is nowhere near close to being ready yet. Im converting back to my old setup with an on demand antivirus and sandboxie.

3. acr1965

no 32 bit- odd it works fine in IE so maybe it's a Chrome specific issue for me.

4. codylucas16

codylucas16 Registered Member

Yeah, iI gave Avast IS a try and the same problem happened but in every browser.

5. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Have you installed Flash Player (10.1.102.64) and Flash ActiveX Player (10.1.102.64)? Chrome has built-in flash player too. Try to disable built-in plugin and it will force it to use external flash player plugin.

6. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

i had the same problem..clear chrome's cache and delete sandbox contents and then try the site again

7. whitedragon551

8. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

m keeping an eye on ur thread ...

9. acr1965

10. whitedragon551

That was done before this thread. I was also having the issue and brought it up. Im converting back to Sandboxie. Its much more configurable for a better end user experience.

11. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

For a workaround you can use IE Tab for Chrome. I think it will do the job

12. whitedragon551

Flash is an every day part of web browsing. There is absolutely no reason this issue should even be present.

13. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

Oh, i thought it was Chrome's fault. I had some similar issues myself with it but i don't use Avast. In a forum that i'm a member i wasn't able to play the embedded videos from YouTube. I uninstalled and reinstalled it back to solve the problem

14. whitedragon551

Nope. As soon as you remove the browser from the Avast Sandbox it functions properly. As soon as you add it back to the Sandbox to be virtualized the error occurs telling you that you are missing plugins when you are not.

15. mrpink

mrpink Registered Member

I think now i'll quit trying to win a license from Avast's giveaway :D

16. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Currently updated my flash player and so far no issues while using Virtualization with Avast. Using Firefox and Chrome as my main browsers and I.E.8 as secondary browser and so far as stated no issues. I'll keep everyone updated if problems present themselves. Sincerely...Securon

17. whitedragon551

Avast said sometimes it will work, sometimes it wont, but it definitely wont work 100% of the time.

18. acr1965

Well now a new issue/problem. I installed DivX Plus 8 player and try to run it virtualized with Avast- but for some reason DivX player will not run this way. No problem running VLC, WMP or MPC virtualized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.