Avast Internet Security

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by twl845, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi All, I am looking at Avast Internet Security mainly for its firewall capabilities. Can anyone familiar with it give me any advice? Is it user friendly and do you like it? Thanks in advance. :)

2. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Try it by your self. There is 30 day trial version available!!!
    otherwise Avast free+ Online armor free will be good enough!!!!

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Good idea on the trial. I used OA paid for a few years. Every time they did an upgrade it was a crap shoot as to what problems it would have. Maybe it's better now with the new owner. Thanks for the response. :)

4. Technical

Technical Registered Member

It's a very quiet firewall if you wish so.
    You can also set advanced settings.
    Next 7.x version will come with more improvements in the firewall (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93911.msg747764#msg747764).

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

6. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

i agree...its so silent that u even don't feel like there is a firewall installed!!!:eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
  7. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I'm afraid there still is some problem when an upgrade occurs. They just released Version 7 and many people are having problems, (check avast Forums) including myself. I just upgraded from the installed program which is supposed to be easy. However, I experienced a couple BSOD's and sandbox problems, even tho I had a "clean" pc which was running just fine with Version 6. I now have everything sorted out and it once again is running fine...just a hassle to fix the items after upgrade.

I also have another pc running Microsoft Security Essentials (my wife's) which has never had any problems at upgrade time. It depends on your experience level and what you are willing to experience when upgrades happen. For me, I enjoy the challenge and don't mind, so I will continue using avast!. For my wife, I think I will stick with MSE.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  8. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

I am no expert - far from it but I have had AIS installed on 3 computers since August of 2010 and have never heard a peep from the firewall. Since I haven't gotten into any trouble, I can only assume it's working.

My 2 cents.:)

9. Technical

Technical Registered Member

There is a new beta (RC) to solve some issues of the early v7. Available in avast! forums.

10. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Using AIS on my 7 years old Pentium 4 for last 3 years. Not even a single BSOD
    because of Avast!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: & thats on 768 mb ddr1 ram!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    It is one of the lightest security product i have ever use.

11. david_47

david_47 Registered Member

I tried the new free version after I refornatted my computer and I new it was clean. I updated the Windows before I tried the twenty day trial is what it gave me with the option to buy a 3 pc 1 user for $29.99 I believe or $29.95. I was ready to jump all over that. But it conflicted with my addon from Firefox. I9 had problems and it seem to just give anything else problems that I wanted to run. Tune-Up Utilities, CCleaner, etc. I had to actually unplug my system at one time because the task manager and even pushing the reboot button would not shut it down when it froze. I unistalled. Still major kinks for me. Trying out the new 2012 NIS. Was not a major fan or 2011 but can let you know later if interested.

12. Atul88

Atul88 Registered Member

Hmmmm..norton sales persono_O
    u sound like avast gave u problems which did not given me for last few years!!
    Hard Luck i guess:doubt: :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.