avast! Free Antivirus 9.0.2020 RC

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mops21, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ance

ance formerly: fmon

I guess about the ads that can't be disabled in the latest free version. Well done Avast. :thumb: Every time I start to like Avast they introduce such idiotic things ...

Attached Files:

2. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

Its free so..Just click it away its not a big problem. typical first world problem.

3. ance

ance formerly: fmon

No, I uninstall Avast because I don't like ad pop ups, sorry. ;)

4. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

I get maybe 2 or 3 pop-ups a day on avast free....For such a good AV I'm not grumbling:thumb:

5. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I have updated Avast free on one my PC. It's strange, I have no ad popups at all there. Honestly. :confused:

6. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

if you are from iran, then i suggest get the Iranian antivirus or internet security version called IMEN that has a dual engine av (one is bitdefender) and has a very high detection and protection rate. It can be updated since the update servers are in iran.

http://www.imenantivirus.com/info.php?articles&articles_id=5&sid=su9o5mu3q1o6h67jo87m7q6dv3

main page: http://www.imenantivirus.com/index.php?index&sid=03hrs1dsb31ea665jq5o0eveq0

7. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

I think you don't get it. There are people on this planet who don't like unwanted things on their PC's to appear whenever they want. This is security app ffs!

8. Rohugh

Rohugh Registered Member

Yes it is a security app but it is free! You are saying you want something for nothing and not prepared for a little inconvenience of a few ads appearing to help support the fact it is free? Perhaps you are suggesting that those who will pay for the Premier version should pay a little more so the free version can continue without ads? I don't think so.

9. Tarantula

Tarantula Guest

I think the personal info that is being collected by the AV vendors (like e-mail, browsing history, internet habits, hardware&software info and so on) is not nothing in today's world.

10. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

Thanks...but imen can not compete with other global security applications.I m not concerned about it

11. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Well then you will have update issues.

Also I suggest to go with VR like toolwiz timefreeze and get rid of all AVs and protection and just keep a good firewall. With time freeze, no updates are required.

12. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

I can update it by changing my IP.
    Regarding TimeFreeze,thanks for your recomdation,I will try it out

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.