Avast Found an Infection Please Help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by sooflymami, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

The 1st one is a False positive, I've had that for a year or so. But the 2nd one under D:\ is new infection. Is this a False positive or what should I do? I just clicked "close" button since I don't want to put it inside the chest since I don't know if it's a FP or not. After clicking "close" button, this message popped up on my screen saying " to finish clean up process we recommend running boot time scan i.e. restarting the computer and letting avast scan all your data before windows starts. You want to schedule boot time scan and do it now?" But I just clicked no button because I was gonna do it later on. here's the link of the screen shot

P.S.- Also, I was away from my computer for quite a while while it was scanning. It was scanning under either hibernation or sleep mode I think and the screen was black and the button on the tower was blinking when I got back. Do you think it should be ok about that part as well?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Let's continue the discussion here: [thread=302597]Avast Found a Threat Please Help[/thread]. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.