avast+comodo firewall or just comodo internet security?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pajenn, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I've used avast free with Windows 7 firewall for about a year, but lately I've started to have problems various Windows Firewall extensions (Windows Firewall Control, TinyWall, and Windows Firewall Notifier), so clearly I need to switch to a third party firewall. Comodo Firewall seems to be a popular choice these days so I'll try that. Does it play nice with avast free, or should I just uninstall avast and go with Comodo Internet Security, which also includes their antivirus? I'm looking for a setup that's light on resources. fwiw, I'm also using KeyScrambler.

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I would use avast/comodo firewall combo. I'm not knocking comodo AV but two scanners are better than one. Comodo firewall has the behavior and scanner options in the cloud. So essentially your getting two scanners. Its a great combo and I've used it a lot in the past. Might I also recommend panda cloud AV. If your looking for light then look no farther. PCAV and comodo firewall play very nice and its light as can be. I would give both a try and see how they run on your system. Mileage varies per individual. ;)

3. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

===
    Unlike many other products that only imitate developing, these two are really being actively developed, so I think any choice with them is good.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

the above sums it up. closed as per tos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.