Avast auto scanning

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Peaches4U, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Can one set AVast to scan automatically at a certain time on a certain day? If so, where is the feature ... I have hunted and given up trying to figure it out .... pretty please, help!! :'(

2. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Peaches,

Don't know if you're using Home or Pro, but I'm pretty sure that scheduled scans are only available in the Pro version.

3. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Ooops, looks like I downloaded Avast 4 - 0417-0 instead of 4.1357 Home/Pro. Should I uninstal the version I have, and instal the Home/Pro version?? It would sure be nice to have it scan my computer automatically at preset times.

Another problem I am having is staying logged in on the Avast Support Forums. I log in okay but when I wish to post .. I revert to being a guest and not permitted to post. I have checked my firewall settings and have Avast there as trusted as well as in my IE trusted sites. Now what? I once had a similar problem with Wilderssecurity but can't remember what it was I did to eventually be able to remain logged in. o_O

4. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

I think you'll have to spring for the Professional version. It's got a lot of good features included, so might be worth your while.

Not sure about the forum thing. Maybe Vlk or someone can pop in and answere that one.

5. Amerk_5

Amerk_5 Registered Member

6. vlk

vlk AV Expert

Obvious things - a firewall stripping referer info / cookies etc...
    Unfortunately I don't know exact YabbSE requirements but maybe some of the mods here may know this - since Wilders had been running under YabbSE from day one.

Thanks
    Vlk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.