avast! 7.0 released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RejZoR, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

What you need to realise is that the avast sandbox is a relatively new concept in avast and hasnt properly matured yet.
    Comodo and no doubt other programs also suffered the same.Just give the avast sandbox time and it will get better.
    Just slamming the program and running to another av is not the answer.
    Overall avast is a fine program and the developers and software engineers are giving this to us for free.
    I think more gratitiude is needed rather than just critisising all the time.
    Regards.:ninja:

2. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

@ Carat......What exactly would you call a false positive? The only one I ever had from Avast is Geek Uninstaller. But that was fine cause it's not a well known program. I have installed Avast on over 1000 machines now and never has someone complained about a false positive. Keep in mind this is also with all shields set to high. Care to elaborate on exactly what software was being blocked? CIS is the king of false positives and has crippled many pc's by sandboxing legit software. It sandbox my Logitech mouse when I tried it. Avast's sandbox can be set to ask so when you get an alert you get the option to run sandboxes or normal.

Kudos Beethoven1770

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  3. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

having problems with KASPERSKY remover - avast flags it as trojan

4. Aventador

The Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool or the Kaspersky Uninstaller. I download the latest virus removal tool daily with no issues. If its the Uninstaller your talking about then why are you running it when you already have Avast installed?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  5. Malware fighter

6. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

That is a very good question.:thumb: :thumb: :ninja:

7. Aventador

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  8. Malware fighter

For God's sake, leave your useless advices for yourself, please. Thinking you are smarter than all others is vanity and highway to loose your grip on what you already achieved.
    It seems you had no studies(or had bad grades) in science of logic.
    I used KAV remover before installing avast. After installing avast I checked running processes and noticed some kaspersky processes running along, so then I decided to run KAV remover again and got trojan notice from avast !
    Now regarding logic - what's the bloody difference if I even would have not run KAV remover in first placeo_O Bottom line is kavremover is getting flagged anyway!
    Please don't test and don't reply - I don't need any answers from cocky persons, I believe we have friendly, logic forum members who will have answers.

9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

You wanna test if you could get dressed and shower?:argh::D

10. Aventador

Again you should have checked your running processes before installing Avast. Any antivirus removal tool should only be used when regular means of uninstalling fails. Maybe lack of experience on your part. I always use Advanced Unistaller first. Then remove the left overs it finds. Reboot. Go into advanced folder view and manually remove any and all folders. Run CCleaner reg cleaner. Reboot. Verify I have no additional traces then install Avast. It's that easy.
    https://www.virustotal.com/file/152...506219c48baa0a27baf10965/analysis/1348060818/

11. Malware fighter

You (probably it's usual for you) loose main question and finding - avast flags kavremover as trojan - it's that simple, don't lose it.

12. Aventador

Ok Malware Fiighter................Sorry to burst your bubble but now that I am home I downloaded the Kaspersky Removal Tool that you linked to and executed successfully with no detection of false positive from Avast. Mission accomplished.

13. Malware fighter

that is strange since I did it also and got flagged again. I run avast on default settings though.

14. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Just for curiosity,downloaded from your link and run it with success,no warning of any kind from Avast.

15. Aventador

Seems like Mr. Malware Fighter has a pc issues and not an Avast issue. :)

16. Malware fighter

seems it's too irrelevant to discuss it further, thanks for answers

17. qakbot

qakbot Registered Member

[​IMG]

Click on the white pixel 2 columns across, 50 rows down, starting from the top left-hand corner.:D

18. carat

carat Guest

Thank you quakebot! :D

19. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Was the auto-sandbox changed recently? I remember it having a big popup that looks like the Avast! GUI, that would ask if you want to auto-sandbox or not. Now I reinstalled Avast!, and I just realized while typing this I didn't change it back to ask. I tried to install Foobar200 and it auto-sandboxed, analyzed, and said it was alright, and asked if I wanted to run normally.

Is this different or was it always like that, I just didn't notice because I had it set to ask.

Regardless, I think this is very user-friendly, as the user can see what the program does before they are asked to allow it or not.

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

They'll trying to make it automatic as much as possible...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.