Avast 5 major issues on XP and Vista

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by GideonD, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

I've tested it on one XP3 PC now. So far no issues at all. I have notice it lags a fair bit when I have the GUI open and looking at some of the graph pages that insist on use Flash. Other than this, it's ben fine. I'll try it on a rig I know had problems this weekend.

As far as still having BSOD, have you uninstalled it in safe mode, run the Avast Cleanup tool and then installed it again from the full installer? www.majorgeeks has the up to date installer. Avast still sends you to www.download.com which at the time of this post was still hosting 5.0.377.

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

If you are running Malwarebytes Pro real time, that's the problem.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Forgive me, I have not read all the posts... just trying to keep an eye on this thread in anticipation of upgrading to the new avast! I get that MBAM Pro is conflicting with v5.0, i.e start up problems? Thanks for any input. :)

4. GideonD

GideonD Registered Member

Yep, they are still working on this but there does seem to be a conflict between MBAM active shields and Avast 5. You can look for the setting in Avast to make sure it loads after all other services are loaded and see if that helps for now.

5. Rednose!

Rednose! Registered Member

What problem between Avast 5 and MBAM Pro o_O I am using 2 Avast 5 Pro licences with 2 MBAM Pro licences and never had a problem :)

Greetz, Red.

6. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Not everyone has the problem.

7. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

when i enabled PUP detection or set heuristic on highest level my windows explorer freeze when browsing files for seconds...

8. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Na man, there is sure a conflict, major slowdowns and I got a BSOD!

9. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

i am using only avast5 free and sandboxie with vista's own firewall . i have a very good startup with default setup. only problem is if you use it with windows defender it slows down web connection for me because i am on dialup. i dont use defender anymore...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.