Avast 4.6 trial

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jldjs, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jldjs

jldjs Registered Member

I currently use Norton NAV 2003 but subscription runs out in June. I'd like to trial run Avast but It warns I should un-install NAV before installing Avast. Can I simply disable NAV and then run Avast to see if I want to completely give up on NAV? I'd rather not un-install NAv to do this.

2. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Yea just disable it. Make sure that in msconfig and services norton is not running.

A reminder. If you like simple looking software you might want to not install the default skin that comes with Avast.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The vendor Avast does not go to the trouble to give you that warning for no reason. Just like the instructions for taking medication,you are always best to follow directions. You can always reinstall NAV and renew your NAV subscription if Avast does not work out on your system. Suggest you follow the warning.

4. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Go to the Symantec website to download a utility to remove NAV. Once NAV is off your PC, install Avast.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I strongly recommend that you uninstall Norton before installing any other AV (in your case avast!). Even if you disable it,low level drivers are still enabled and they can cause many troubles.

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I agree. I usually tell users not to waste money but that close to expiration. Dump Norton. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.