Avast 2015 releases

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hayc59, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Are they number 3? Kaspersky previously...seems like another.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

This has been addressed plus the new 2016 version is not using the MITM method. It's now doing it without certificate insertion. Don't know how exactly, but they improved this.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Blocking avast! GUI with firewall also blocks registration dialogs, so you can't register avast! when blocked. This is really the only thing I've noticed so far.

4. Online_Sword

Online_Sword Registered Member

Hi:), I hope to ask a question on the harden mode.
    Does the harden mode depend on the cloud or not?
    Suppose the user enables the aggressive harden mode. If this user double clicks an non-whitelisted executable file in the offline case, would this executable file be blocked or not?

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It does depend on cloud, especially Aggressive Mode. Moderate Mode just means it automatically blocks ANY application that simply triggers DeepScreen dialog (it needs to trigger few basic heuristics rules), even if it would otherwise be decalred as clean by the DeepScreen. Which at least from my experience makes Aggressive Mode actually less annoying since it skips whitelisted files where Moderate doesn't for some reason. Though they might have changed that, I was testing this few months ago...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.