AV-Test Nov/Dec 11 Report

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sher, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carver

Carver Registered Member

When I had NOD32 it must have been at it's high point in detection year after year detection just went down, I found they're approach to adding Virus signatures very disappointing :( I agree with trjam, It's time for a 30 day trial :)

2. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I'm very surprised at all the negativity towards ESET, considering it was one of AV-C's top rated products for the year, plus their consistent quality over the years.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Eset has consistently been hammered on these forums. That is nothing new.

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Funny thing is I have never been influenced by AV testing sites. I started with AVG 6 Free years ago, AVAST 4.24, and finally my current AV, which is Vipre.

5. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

:thumb:
    +1
    switching AV only based my own/personally test. I will get headache and going crazy if it's based on AV Test Org :D

6. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Oh my...AV rehab has failed!:D :D :D

7. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

i dont trust these comparisons.
    now eset is doing well in my system

8. JCRUYFF

JCRUYFF Registered Member

can someone tell how Webroot inexplicably dropped from 98 percent blocking of zero-day threats in November to 52 percent in Decembero_O?

9. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

nobody talking about avast? scores don't make a good reading......especially their removal scores and protection against 0-day malware..

10. Boost

Boost Registered Member

So,because of some "tests" we've got people jumping from one av company to another? And then when another "test"comes out and shows there's another difference in dectection,it's time to jump ship again? I dont understand.

11. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I used Avast 6.0 free for 4 days I found it to be very slow a deep scan takes 9 hours o_O no scan took less than 4 1/2 hours and that was for a fast scan, Avast never found anything including tracking cookies.....how is that for a comment :D

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Based on the posts here i would say people are changing their AV's not because of this test only but because some of them have been performing poorly continuously :rolleyes:

13. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Its being discussed here. Kind of disappointing really I was hoping their scores would improve because I like their product.

Me and ESET broke up when she went to 3.0 but I was wanting to stay on 2.7 and we could never rectify our differences. o_O

Is it just me or does Panda seem kinda stagnant as far as development goes? If the test info is to be believed, Panda users better hope that it doesn't miss an infected file because according to AV-Test Panda has poor repair ability.

14. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Maybe they're not satisfied with there present Anti-Virus. :argh:

15. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Apparently you haven't used it in the last couple of years. I've been licensing it since 2005. This is the year they get fired. I hate to see them go but there are just too many issues.

16. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Which posts do you gather this from? All are referring to the test results.

17. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

That actually has me worried. From different sites I've read, it sounds like while Panda can detect many threats, on many of them it "fails to neutralize". Detection means nothing if it can't remove them.

I've actually never used it but most of what I've read on this forum up until this test is that it is dependable, if not always the highest rated AV. Note this is just among the other antivirus section, I haven't read the actual ESET subforum.

18. pbust

pbust AV Expert

It's just you :)
    As I've said in various different threads already, many of the disinfection bugs have been fixed in the 1.9 betas and the remaining ones will be fixed before 2.0 is released. Unfortunately most tests like AVT or AVC are performed with the 1.5 release version so it doesn't reflect these fixes yet.

19. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I posted that I might try KAV.
    The test definitely influenced me, I'll give you that...
    But people (well, most people) don't just jump around indiscriminately, going whichever way the testing result wind blows.
    It might look that way from here inside this great forum of ours, but even here, a great many of us remain fairly stable in our software choices.
    A huge number of tests come and go, and I never twitch a muscle.
    The reason I was pondering a change has to do with a slowly building dissatisfaction with my current AV.
    One corrupted file seems to lead to a real long scan time followed by a program update that didn't go so smoothly.
    The problems mount up slowly... one thing and then another and another.
    Then suddenly a well-timed test result pops up, and guess what?
    An AV that I have been thinking about trying for a couple of years posts fantastic results.
    So I opt to make a change.
    It's much more of an accumulative affair than a spur of the moment decision.
    I ran KAV years ago, and have had it in my mind to give it another go to see how it has changed.
    So for me, it is much more than simply jumping ship because a certain AV did good in one test. :)

20. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Page42,

Thanks for your explanation. I was hoping that people here,especially a security minded website such as Wilders would have enough common sense,that members wouldn't jump ship,just because of "this one test." ;)

21. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

You're welcome, Boost.
    $14.99 for a 3-User KAV2012 is hard to pass up.
    If it doesn't go well, I'm right back to VIPRE.

22. carat

carat Guest

That's avast as usual: The signature based detection is acceptable but the behaviour blocker and the heuristic are still mediocre :doubt:

Panda Cloud AV has good protection and I hope with version 2.0 it will get good removal scores as well :thumb:

23. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

thanks everyone for their responses......avast has always been my go to AV in terms of "Free AV", but recent tests have got me thinking atleast...

24. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

I've always liked how Kaspersky handles malware cleanup. It has always seemed to be effective at actually wiping it out rather than just being there for protection only.

The Kaspersky forums have plenty of informative people around so if you have any issues they get sorted quickly. From a customer's perspective I can appreciate it.

Performance wise I don't notice it running on the computer and probably won't with 16GB RAM.

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am sticking with Eset. If I ever did change, it would only be for Panda Cloud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.