AV-Test July/August results

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

PS: If you want to install Kaspersky AV or Kaspersky Internet Security or Pure, it is VITAL that you do this on a clean install, it is very sensitive and if you install it after having had removed your previous AV then you are just asking for trouble.

This is why, when I format my system, configure it, install updates, drivers, software, I make a backup image using Acronis True Image before every major installations I did, then I leave the AV till the end, so incase I wanted to switch back to another AV, I simply go back to the last created image. This way, I ensure 100% that I have no compatibility issues or left over remnants from an AV I have uninstalled

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
  2. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

So very true. That is there answer to everything. Its a big rubber stamp to them. Here is a typical Kaspersky mod reply "Its not our product causing the issue your having. Your drivers need to be updated according to the GSI log. So update them and get back to us." Whatever. Honestly speaking people I am not being a jerk but I have tried every version. Sure the ram usage is good (about 12-15MB) but sooner or later it will slow your system down. By buddy bought it with his new laptop. A so-called Geek Squad member at Bestbuy sold him on it. About a month later her had me over to check out why his web pages laoded slow and his over pc was slow. I uninstalled KIS 2012 completely and has him try that. He was so excited he wanted his money back from Bestbuy. He is now an avid Avast user.

3. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I do that too! except I was using windows system image :D

4. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

same end result :D

The only reason I don't use the Windows built in backup is that the size is like double of the same image created with Acronis. :)

5. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Yeap,well said.You "feel" safer,but this doesn't mean you are.

6. carat

carat Guest

But sometimes the feeling is more important than the reality. :)

7. abels

abels Registered Member

Kaspersky and F-Secure always do good in Real-test.
    can't believe in eset.

8. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Then buy a macbook pro...:D

9. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

What these tests and the discussions about them tell me about things:

1: Some people seem to change their AV in response to test results more often than they change their underpants. ;)
    2: People pay more attention to numbers in simulations than to reality.

I wonder if the people at these testing organizations realize that they are like the illuminati or something. They have their finger on the controls of what is purchased today. XD

10. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The reason they ask for a GSI log is to make it easier for a moderator to deal with a problem as different people have different specifications.
    It saves on typing a list of specs etc.

As far as kaspersky goes i never experienced any slowdowns whatsoever.:thumb:

11. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

I have some queries on these comparatives.Everyday the nature of amount of malware coming out is different.So,everyday a AV is winner and other AV is a loser.I am stunned to see that KIS,BD and other bla bla big industries always staying on the top of every AV tests.Btw,they also have their bad days dont they?they arent god AV's.. Something is obviously fishy.How on the earth they always stay on top and other AV's dont come on the top when even other AV's have some very good days,dont tell me they havent.Aint most of the comparatives these days been showing only KIS,BD,Bla bla on the top since past few years :ninja:

Isnt anybody else stunned to see only the same damn stupid results where the big shots are being pushed every year and every month.I am tired of these tricks of positive advertising The Big shots AKA comparatives grabbing bloody money in their pockets from the Big Shots.Next trick please AV-testers,this one is old trick :D

Maybe someone from AV-C or AV-Tests can explain me why always the same vendors on top and not the others.Are other solutions that bad?? No for sure.So do the solutions they high rank dont have bad days? if they do then why are the results not changing?? if they do not that then why not the full PC world only buy those solutions and shun the others,Good idea if they are the big guns :D

Same thing every day every month every year.C"mon testers i am not a fool to believe in that sort of ~ Snipped as per TOS ~

Eager to hear the testimonial.Well,if you testers have a solid one then tell me otherwise no need to reply without solid proof

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.