AV Test December 2014 Windows 7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by stephentony, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Ugh no, always been average

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Odd, because Avira is VERY light on my systems.

3. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

"When system starts for 1 min with one AV and for 5 min with another AV along with a delay in opening software, that is unperceivable?'

You have a point here of course, but I don't think that is correctly portrayed by AV test.org. And what is the weight of the start delay, the much more annoying delay in web-browsing due to filtering, the delay in opening files and folders in the final score?. And one other thing - the bugs starting to display in the long run, and not visible shortly after installation. Of course no test is perfect but for me the Prefformance part of the AV TEst.org is ridiculous and it is discussed in a negative light in other security forums as well.

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Indeed it is on my machines too. The point about performance impact is specific to some machines, that’s what a 30 days trial is about, to see within a window of a month what might feel strange in a system before and after installing a particular AV. Generalizing is a concern of the AV’s marketing strategy not a user’s own, it’s pointless to say to others don’t use such an AV because it is heavy on my system. All one could say is, I tried- X AV and was too heavy on my system, period.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

+1. Agree completely.

6. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Agreed. When I was running ESET I had major complaints about buffering. I went through my entire network to isolate it and didn't find out why until I decided to uninstall Eset, and it worked fine. Disabling ESET didn't fix it, strangely enough, I actually had to uninstall it. I couldn't believe how much ESET was impacting performance after it was removed!

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

same here just disabling it (and i mean the whole thing including its firewall and all shields) did not fix it. but i was pretty shocked when i uninstalled it how everything was normal again.

8. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Right, got rid of that and installed my second key of BD 2015 and all is well :thumb:

9. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

I once had a problem with connecting to Outlook 2013, disabling NOD32 didn't resolve the issue, only uninstalling it...... seems like the disabling of stuff doesn't work right since you just mentioned this about disabling HTTP scanning not fixing your stuttering issues like me BTW

10. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Post as per Policy. Let's Focus Only On The Test Results. Thank You!

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I thought you and Marcos was in contact about that, no? :doubt:

12. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

[QUOTE="Osaban, post: 2451470, member: 31761"Generalizing is a concern of the AV’s marketing strategy not a user’s own, it’s pointless to say to others don’t use such an AV because it is heavy on my system. All one could say is, I tried- X AV and was too heavy on my system, period.[/QUOTE]
    That's very true.

13. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

As for the problems with upload speeds and Youtube videos stuttering while streaming, I'd suggest to test it with ESET NOD32 Antivirus instead of ESET Smart Security to rule out Windows networking. Also I wonder if replacing Windows Filtering Platform drivers with the old TDI drivers has an effect on the issue to rule out an issue with Windows Filtering Platform that may negatively affect protocol filtering. Please make a post in our official forum https://forum.eset.com if you are willing to assist us and let us know about your findings as asked above. I will then supply you with instructions how to replace the WFP driver with the TDI one for testing.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

kudos to F-Secure

15. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

16. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

That website locked up my computer and crashed my browser when I clicked on the graphics on the left side of the page. Probably just bad coding. But yes, results pretty much as expected.

17. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Strange, AV-TEST is a well known site. I loaded it just fine on Cyberfox 32 bit + ABP

18. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

From the report;

Trend Micro Internet Security:
    The only product that achieved 100 percent twice in the detection test.

VERY proud of Trend and our work on it. 2014 development cycle was pretty intense, and great things are coming in the 2016 verison. The DNA database of Trend is growing at such an exponential rate, also due in part to the ASUS deployment of Trend on new systems, and routers.

19. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Posts and Merged Threads to Continue Same Topic.

20. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

So you are a Trend Micro Engineer/Employe?

21. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Trend TFC Engineer, and External Alpha/Beta Tester, but not an a payrolled employee. I take no compensation from Trend whatsoever, not even free licenses.

22. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Do you mean this:
    ?

23. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

I haven't checked in some time but just did - TFC was a multiple layer program before, it looks like they've broken it up. Based on what the web page indicates, I would be a TCSP at this point. Similar to how Fortinet changed their program. FCNSA is gone, now it's NSE of various levels. Currently I am working on my NSE 4 for Fortinet, as my company pays for it, and compensates based on credentials and continuing education. I should probably be a Fortigate NSE8 right now because that's the level I am working at. I am just a bit lazy at certifications lately (and they are.... sleep inducing) I barely touch anything Cisco anymore other than some legacy ASA55XX's and some Switches, it's really all Fortinet for the most part these days. The company I worked for has fully transitioned away from Cisco, Sonicwall, and Watchguard. Also my company would like me to bone up on servers, LDAP, AD, and Hyper/ESXI, so I have been spending time on that, taking a break from other stuff.

24. ArchiveX

ArchiveX Registered Member

25. anon

anon Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.