AV messes up my LAN

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by raiden32, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiden32

raiden32 Registered Member

hi never had any problem for 4 years with NOD but last week i had issues with the LAN of the router( which i have from the start as i do with NOD) .. router was checked by my provider and its OK... same OS i i used to have... generally i didnt change anything so as to create a conflict. so here's the problem... : to reconnect to internet with my router i had to close eset firewall only once till reconnection took place... after i switched on again.. last week when i almost got to reach the point of buying a new network card i tried something that came to thought -close the AV also- then magically LAN was ok & Internet back on (so its not the network card) + i remember the whole even started after one update.. SO... maybe its a bug? that will hopefully autoresolve after the next Eset update? dont know what to do cause now if i want to have internet i have to keep AV switched off or if i enable it after some time message that "the cable of the local network was disconnected" pops up...

XP SP3 x86, 3gb Ram, E8400 3 ghz, Asus P5k Pro MB,
    nvidia 8800 Gts 512mb

ESET Smart Security v 3.0.695.0
    Virus signature database: 6525 (20111007)
    Update module: 1031 (20091029)
    Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1318 (20110812)
    Advanced heuristics module: 1118 (20110419)
    Archive support module: 1136 (2011081:cool:
    Cleaner module: 1051 (20110420)
    Anti-Stealth support module: 1026 (2011062:cool:
    Personal firewall module: 1069 (20110825)
    Antispam module: 1016 (2010120:cool:

(password protected settings..latest updates.. etc)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, version 3.0.695 is far too old. The latest version is 5.0.94. Also to make sure that you're using the latest modules, enable pre-release updates in the advanced update setup.

3. raiden32

ok it may be a bit old but i didnt go to v4 cause i heard its heavier as a program... so i want to keep my speed in my pc...shouldnt it work as good if i have the latest updates?the NOD engine is the same no? u just put lots of other stuff in next versions which they may be very good but it need more calc resources...

4. probedb

probedb Registered Member

I've been running 4 for a long time, it really isn't a resource hog. I barely noticed the difference going from NOD32 to ESS.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Newer versions generally address issues reported in older versions so it's a good practice not to stay far behind the current version. Installing newer versions should not have adverse effect on system performance. However, should you run into some issues after an upgrade, we'll be glad to help you with determining the cause and remedying it.

6. raiden32

well we all know what a headache is internal conflicts...recently i got a new router..& problem seems resolved till now...was it a router's firmware issue? a firefox issue? a ESS issue? well i cant tell since i updated all of them.. the reason i reported -that maybe its was a ESS bug- is because eveytime i closed AV protection the LAN cable issue was resolved...then few days later even disabling AV wouldnt help...now it seems ok... :/

7. raiden32

+ ill be happy to use ESS v5 after checking if i can disable options & run it a bit raw ( AV-threatsense-firewall only). if it is so flexible to use, ill install it ;) till now i very satisfied with v3... very quick, very effective...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.