AV Keeping browsers from updating

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by StephanePare, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephanePare

StephanePare Registered Member

Hi, When NOD is active, I quite simply can't access some websites, or part of them. when, however, I uninstall nod32, everything runs fine. I tested these on ie7 firefox 3.0.1 and opera 9.5

Basicaly, the basic problem is that when i try to enter some websites, my browser waits forever for a connection from the other side. Ping works good, so does tracert, every other aspect of my itnernet works good (games, IM, irc).

forums.d2jsp.org adnd any part of yahoo.com simply flat out won't load.

All of google's front pages load right, but when i try actualy making a search from anything except google news video and groups, it waits forever.

www.worldofwarcraft.com i can access the account management, as well as the front page, but absolutely nothing else on the website

There are also a few other misc sites, but nothing i go often or can remember at the moment.

I first discovered this when i was ending unfamiliar processes because some spyware infected my computer without being seen by nod. It basicaly opened browser windows at any time, pointing to fake spyware scaners.

Since nod didn't detect it, and i couldn't use google or yahoo to research the processes individualy, i killed processes that were unfamiliar. At some point i killed ekrn and egui.exe not recognizing them as eset nod32, and as i killed ekrn, my google page which was "loading" or perhaps waiting suddenly told me its connection was reset at that time. Since I couldn't make it go away for mroe than half a second, and the disabling of the protection in the gui's options didn't seem to have any effect on my test google windows, i uninstalled nod32, and BOOM! Now i can browse anywhere i want, except i don't have anti virus protection anymore.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please send a log from ESET SysInspector to samples[at]eset.com with this thread's url in the subject. We'll check the log and let you know if there's something unusual that could be a new threat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.