AV for Smart TV's

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CloneRanger, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Due to the fact that these devices can hook up to the internet & other compatable etc devices, i wonder how long it'll be before they need securing ? And worse still, get infected ! Imagine the nightmare that would be to clean up, with or without AV etc :eek:

Then what's next, HIPS/Sandboxes etc etc for them :D

A friend of mine has just bought one, a side lit LED one, & very nice it is too :) But they have NO intention of hooking it up ;) They bought it not because it's "smart", they just liked the quality of the picture etc, & they got a very good deal :thumb:

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

I see no point in having AV's on Smart TV's just yet. What will get infected or stolen on a closed system? It's like worrying that your feature phone will get infected somehow...

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well hacking TV's i guess it all depends if it's a profitable target for malware authors :D

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Desperate program makers could hijack the TV and force us to watch their rubbish program for hours !!! :eek:

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

So what OS do these "smart" TV's use?

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

There are going to be a few that are based on Android if im not mistaken but the current ones offered i think they are not based on any OS. :D

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

That's what I thought. :) I guess that as long as one is not able to download stuff to the smart TV's, using Android should be quite safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.