AV for Smart TV's

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CloneRanger, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Due to the fact that these devices can hook up to the internet & other compatable etc devices, i wonder how long it'll be before they need securing ? And worse still, get infected ! Imagine the nightmare that would be to clean up, with or without AV etc :eek:

Then what's next, HIPS/Sandboxes etc etc for them :D

A friend of mine has just bought one, a side lit LED one, & very nice it is too :) But they have NO intention of hooking it up ;) They bought it not because it's "smart", they just liked the quality of the picture etc, & they got a very good deal :thumb:

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I see no point in having AV's on Smart TV's just yet. What will get infected or stolen on a closed system? It's like worrying that your feature phone will get infected somehow...

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well hacking TV's i guess it all depends if it's a profitable target for malware authors :D

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Desperate program makers could hijack the TV and force us to watch their rubbish program for hours !!! :eek:

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

So what OS do these "smart" TV's use?

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

There are going to be a few that are based on Android if im not mistaken but the current ones offered i think they are not based on any OS. :D

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

That's what I thought. :) I guess that as long as one is not able to download stuff to the smart TV's, using Android should be quite safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.