AV engine?

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Rilla927, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Is this in house development? Or leased.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Both. We partner with Frisk using the F-Prot engine but also have our own engine that also powers the Cloud update feature on client and server alike.

Mike

3. Rilla927

Okay thanks, I was just curious.

I ran Sophos Anti-rootkit and Returnil flagged it. I excluded it. I thought I disabled the av before hand.

This is a great program... but there is one thing I really don't like; there is no indication of knowing you are in virtual mode visually.

I made a crap load of system changes and realized I was in virtual mode so I had to start all over again:'(

4. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

You can go under Preferences and choose the Administration tab and select the option to notify when virtual mode is active. That way the tray icon changes color when you are in virtual mode so if it is green then virtual mode is active.

5. Rilla927

Thanks for the tip. Mine icon is green and it's not in virtual mode. I noticed the icon will change to red when I disable the av.th

I did what you said and the icon changed to red. I will try it in virtual mode and see what happens.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  6. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

The options cm1971 is referring to are for alerting the user about which feature (VG or VM) is NOT active and thus presents a priority security concern. The default is to alert when the Virus Guard is not active. This will manifest as red icons in the tray and toolbar with an additional "NOT PROTECTED" warning shown within the RSS GUI.

If you wish to select Virtual Mode as the priority security concern, expect the tray icon and toolbar to be green while virtualized and red when it is turned off. This may be a more appropriate setting for your environment.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.