AV Dynamic test 2010 by eKaitse

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guest, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Comodo -- tested by Joe Sixpack, Lanfellow, Oscura, Dora the Explorer. Tested by anybody who is NOT a professional testing organization performing defined tests with statistically significant in-the-wild databases.

Good grief, how long does this farce continue, & how long will the fanboys keep trying to rationalize away the FACT that Comodo is unproven by any valid comparative test organization?

Hey... perhaps CIS is as good as some folks claim it to be. But if it really IS that good, then climb into the coliseum with the other professionally tested apps & quit making publicity-oriented challenges and other puffery.

2. skokospa

skokospa Registered Member

@Mr.bellgamin excellent post
    Many others are "tested"...see the YouTube many "high analysis" "Experts" who are "tested"anti-virus...

3. guest

guest Guest

I don't know if Comodo will be tested soon by AVC or not, anyway the people that test Comodo does not need any test from AVC to know that the sandbox, D+, av, camas, can be hardly bypassed, since the version 5 was release I'm still looking for a malware able to do it. I try almost every day btw 10 and 20 0day malware from different sources and still nothing.
    You can try by yourself, I guess that you are able but obviously for some kind of people would be useful for them see Comodo tested in AVC.

I haven't seen any fanboy here, maybe the problem is yours, you can see the reality for yourself.

You are always recommending Spyshelter all over the forum since the first day it was release and only was tested 1 time a month ago without a very good score, how do you know it's so good? so apply the same reasoning to Comodo to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  4. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

I think the discussion is going off topic ... what about the conditions of this test I was referring in my last post?. CIS (C. InterNet Security) against free antivirus or paid ones without Sandbox and/nor HIPS or something similar ...

Regards.

5. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

guest i found one fake av yesterday that bypassed it
    i still have that fake av zipped up in my vm and snapshots to prove it bypassed comodo

6. guest

guest Guest

Ok, that's normal nothing is 100% you just need to find how to bypass it. :D
    I will send you a PM, I would like to see the sample.
    Do you mean that bypassed the sandbox? and after restart was still active?

7. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

yes the sandbox didnt do anything
    have send u the file
    i had removed the fake av with hitmanpro but now when i started again its still dere :O

8. guest

guest Guest

Sorry but the malware file that you have sent me is not able to bypass Comodo
    Even if I allow the D+ alert the malware is blocked by the sandbox, and is not able to infect the computer, maybe you did something wrong.
    Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  9. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

yesterday when i tested there was no d+ or sandbox warning
    just a firewall warning which i didnt respond to
    and even after restart today i got this one warning to which again i didnt respond and the alert disappeared after sum time

Attached Files:

10. guest

guest Guest

You must be doing something wrong, check if the file is not in the trusted files list.

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi Champ! Right click tray icon and make sure that sandbox is enabled.
    Is this vmware?

12. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

im using vmware player
    everything is enabled
    i havent changed any settinnggg
    u must be on proactiv security then i am on internet security
    and dis was d only malware that bypassed it
    it blocked everything else that i threw at it

13. guest

guest Guest

I have tried in internet security (with default settings) and proactive, every single time the file is sandboxed. You must be doing something wrong, delete all the trusted files (Defense+, Trusted files, select all, delete) or make a clean install of CIS. If the file is not sandboxed is because you must have manually add it to the trusted files.

14. Persian Boy

Persian Boy Registered Member

Hello guest,
    Maybe he use XP 64bit which COMODO sandbox is limited for XP 64bit;)

15. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I have said before i didnt change any settings
    it was not added to trusted files either
    now i tested it and this time it sandboxed it

16. guest

guest Guest

I'm using win 7 x64, anyway the sandbox is not limited in x64 systems.

So odd.

17. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have tested CIS many, many times. I can confirm if you user is knowledgeable, like most of us on this forum, it will protect you from 99.99% of malware. The only problem is it will give you popups from >50% of your safe programs & games. Default deny HIPS has its disadvantages, which is why I have moved on to other products.

18. guest

guest Guest

CIS dont give you popups for any app, you get a temporal notification telling that the app is being sandboxed only for the unknown files, in my case less than the 20% of my installed programs. When the notification appears you have the option to click on "do not isolate again" if you dont want to run this app in the sandbox again, or do nothing, then every time you open the app will be automatically sandboxed so you can use it inside the sandbox.
    I haven't seen a D+ alert (HIPS) using safe software since I'm using CIS5, only when I test malware.

19. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

Hello!

I am Lord Ami from Comodo's forum.
    That also indicates I am part of eKaitse.ee in general ;)
    http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/comodo-v5-tested-by-ekaitseee-t62657.0.html
    Read Lord Ami's and V7chy posts in this thread.

First of all, this test wasn't meant to be public at all. We wanted to keep in for Estonian users only. We did translate it for Melih just to tell him we have done some testing. After Languy posted in in Comodo forums, it is wide-spread over the internet. Amazing how fast it is :blink:

Yes, eKaitse.ee is not famous what so ever, but please bear with us and don't blame us for making "yet another test" that everyone can make/do etc.

And yes, 100 malware files don't show the whole product power and we know that.

20. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

What do you mean by "fan"?
    Yes, we do translate CIS into Estonian language. This goes for other Internet Security related products as well (Avast, Immunet, Zemana, and so on).

//
    Btw, to all of you. I find my self in displeasing situation. I have seen numerous threads about similar test and how testers have been blamed. I don't want to be yet another one of those :)
    Just ignore this test if you don't like it. You should know that Internet is full of similar ones.

21. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

The eKaitse admins have been quite open about their methodology.
    They've compared free product with free product.
    It seems they are friends of COMODO.

I do think they seem uber-naive when they say that the test results were never originally meant to be in English.
    "Sure the ripples have spread out but honestly, we didn't meant to make a splash!"

Under these circumstances, as I said earlier, I'm not surprised CIS got 100%.
    If everything that isn't whitelisted is sandboxed by default, and every D+ alert is blocked, how could you not stop 100%.

22. LagerX

LagerX Registered Member

V7chy asked me "what if we show it to Melih". I said OK. Then we discussed whether we should or should not translate it into English language. We decided to do so and here it is ^^
    You most certainly don't read Estonian, but there are some more test in our site that are available only in Estonian language.

23. guest

guest Guest

D+? you really haven't use CIS 5. You dont even need to block the D+ alert to don't allow the malware to infect your system. Most of the malware executed with CIS dont need to answer any alert from D+.

So it's bad, because is very good? :D

24. harlan4096

harlan4096 Registered Member

What is bad is this testing conditions against the other applications comparation :D without similar technologies, I mean, free avs or just paid ones but only avs and not IS with SandBox/HIPS or just avs without these advanced technologies etc ...

Regards.

25. guest

guest Guest

Comparation no existe ;) saludos.

All the paid products are in the same conditions, but yes they have should test the paid versions of avg, avira, and avast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.