AV compatibility with Comodo 3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by luciddream, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

A friend of mine wants a good AV that's compatible with his Comodo 3 firewall. It appears that KAV is not. I recommended Avira but I've only used the free version. Would the premium version also be compatible with it?

2. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I am using Avira Premium with no problems. I had NOD32 but changed to Avira Premium. I had problems with NOD but it didn't have anything to do with Comodo.

3. keith_thfc

keith_thfc Registered Member

KAV and Comodo work fine together for me.

Where did you read that they didn't play well together?

4. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

Yes KAV and Comodo should work fine together. If you're against that, why not just use the whole Comodo Suite?

5. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I'm almost certain I remember installing KAV when I had Comodo on my machine before and it said to uninstall it before proceeding because it wasn't compatible. That was an older version though, but after seeing how many AV's the new KIS told me to take off my machine I assumed it was still the case.

6. entropism

entropism Registered Member

KAV/KIS need to be installed FIRST, but there are still little things that could pop up. I actually stopped using KIS years ago because of it. I used Comodo with Avira premium and Avast free, no issues.

7. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

Avira premium works perfectly with Comodo FIREWALL and DEFENSE+ only, WITHOUT the antivirus component.

8. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I have Avira Premium and Comodo firewall on 3 different computers and they all work without issues and I am happy with that setup.

9. Criss

Criss Registered Member

i am also using avira antivir premium with comodo and having no problem with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.