AV-Comparatives Whole Product Dynamic Tests updated

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by King Grub, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

The only bad part from AV tests, is they test very little the system impact to give overall final result of average slowdowns...only 5 tests? :rolleyes:

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I used Avast very long ago and always was impressed with it's features and detections, etc. I retried Avast not long ago and really expected to keep it on but for some reason, as all AV's have done to my XP, system delays were a continued issue so i had to regretably uninstall for a more "Lite" variety.

Haven't tested this latest version yet, but definitely am going to keep at it because Avast is really pressing the envelope toward complete full circle ALL-IN-ONE top notch protection features.

3. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

4. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

I will "second" that! And impact concerns everyone IMHO.:doubt:

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

And i might add, a very chief reason that users choose to switch AV's as opposed to FP's, lack-of-detections, etc.

If a security AV bogs down a computer it's just too much to have to cope with.

6. dazed1

dazed1 Registered Member

I'm talking about AV-Test Certificate tests,

http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/test-reports/janfeb-2012/

They only do 5 tests, regarding performance, which left Kaspersky on same level as MSE? or AVG which score 3? thats crap....im perfectly aware that MSE is heavier then users thinks, but in no way its as slow as KIS, no way....or getting 3 score for AVG? that's just stupid and can not be true.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I'm using Roboscan Internet Security Free. It uses BD's engine & their own. Been just a couple days but I like it. Comes in 32 & 64 bit versions. I switched from KIS 2012. So it was good to see BD results of 99.8%.

8. echtp

echtp Registered Member

Roboscan is using Bitdefender Engine. Does this include the 'cloud detection'?

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

10. S.B.

S.B. Registered Member

I switched to Bitdefender about 3 weeks ago. Have been quite pleased. I looked at lots of different reviews and tests. Bitdefender was almost always at the top or near the top. Its been very light on my system; really don't even know its there (Win7). It also found a couple of threats.

If you are interested in Bitdefender, NewEgg currently is running a special on Bitdefender Internet Security 2012; 3 Users for 2 Years, free after $40 mail in rebate (free shipping). They're also running specials on AVG Internet Security and on Kaspersky AntiVirus; AVG Internet Security + PC Tuneup 3 user, 1 year, free after $50 mail in rebate; Kaspersky AntiVirus, 3 User, 1 year, free after $35 mail in rebate.

(I have no connection to NewEgg, BD, or the other products, btw.)

__

11. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I looked at the Details of BDIS on NewEgg. I honestly don't think that would serve me better than Roboscan IS Free.

12. Beca

Beca Registered Member

I've noticed that BD is running on several systems very well but then there are computers that are generally a mess and BD seems to have trouble with this. I'm NOT implying that yours is (a mess)! :eek:

G Data is running on my machines. Love it, doesn't interfere the slightest unless there is really something fishy. :cool:

Since Avast has lost the plot by behaving like a virus itself, or shall I say trying to annoy the user as much as possible including but not limited to unwanted browser installs that NOT in every case can be avoided during install, I get more requests for Kaspersky by users. A bit on the pricey site though. o_O

13. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

How come MSE isn't even on the listo_Oo_O??

14. malexous

malexous Registered Member

15. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I use to use Bitdefender up until version 8 if I remember correctly. After that they became heavy, and buggy. If they can make their application lighter on the system then I may use them again, but for now I will continue to use NOD 32 since it runs great with my other security applications.

16. Cutting_Edgetech

I want to see Emsisoft take part in these test.

17. Cutting_Edgetech

Webroots test results are disappointing! I'm not surprised though. I believe WSA in its present state is best used to enhance ones security by running it with other security products. I use WSA because its so light on the system, and cloud AV's are very good for discovering new malware. I will always believe in a layered security approach. I'm presently either using WSA or EAM with my security setup. I don't use them both together so don't be fooled by the sig. I have many machines.

18. Cutting_Edgetech

I want to see Eset get their detection back up. Its still a little low. They test much better in these test than in cleaning test though so they have other areas they need to work on more than detection. I always use a layered security approach though so if NOD 32 doesn't stop it then I'm sure one of my other security apps will.

19. Cutting_Edgetech

You forgot F-Secure. They outscored Kaspersky, and GDATA.

20. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

pctools, 100% with user dependent...strange result,or threatfire working?:)

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

interesting results

22. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If you feel safer, then it's fine to do this, although it isn't necessary. If anyone here ever gets infected while using WSA alone or with another security product, I request that they PM me personally. These tests results are not indicative of what we're seeing from our real users.

23. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Bitdefender, F-Secure, and Kaspersky performed superbly.

24. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Bitdefender is doing the best job! So glad I switched to it! Very light and superb protection :D

25. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Where is MSE4 ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.