AV-Comparatives: Whole Product Dynamic Test (2010)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pleonasm, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBK

IBK AV Expert

quite mixed threats. no, it was not the same malware. we excluded/removed same urls/malware.
    your comments were ok, there is really room for improvements and some things on which we are still working on. but i would prefer if it we write some things only in final report.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Just want to point this out, Last time Symantec did this test though AVC they ended up on top. Might want to put your foot in your mouth until you see the final results. Just because some vendors are on top now don't mean they will be at the end of the test.

3. guest

guest Guest

Don't be worried for me, maybe you have this kind of problems but I don't, if they win or not the Dynamic test doesn't affect me, I already said in this thread (go back an read it) that I'm expecting much more from Norton at the end of the test, so keep the foot for you. We will see what happens in December.

4. SM_Unlimited

SM_Unlimited Registered Member

IBK would know whether it has been taken into regarding sonar, but this quote from the test report below sounds to me that it would cover all the bases. Especially if they did wait several minutes after an option was selected giving sonar time tor react.

Anyway about time a reputable company is doing some high end fair testing approaches for dynamic tests. The 20 malware sample youtube videos just do not demonstrate the whole picture.

5. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

So IBK, why ComodoIS is not tested?
    here is response from Melih in Comodo forum:
    Are there some issues or what?

6. njespo

njespo Registered Member

i believe in their objectivity in conducting these tests....

7. Einsturzende

Einsturzende Registered Member

could you share some details?

8. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I appreciate the fact that you, and your organization, have adjusted your testing and reporting procedures to accommodate those of us that are less technical than yourself. I also appreciate how you make your methodology transparent which, in my opinion, adds to your credibility as an organization. Whether we all agree with the results or not, thank you for your work. :thumb:

9. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Well done Avira! :cool:

10. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

You must be crazy . Why loose faith in someone who has enough money and resourses and can afford to be a sponsor ?!

Norton/Symantec has done perfectly in any test in the recent 1-2 years , including this one. ~ Personal Comment Removed ~ From the graphic shown in page 7 one is really unable to say which product is number one , who is on top (as Fajo says) . One can just notice that AVIRA,AVG,Panda,Symantec,Trend did the highest (equally) . But still we have just 307 samples , and number one cannot be pointed nor is so important. Because we can have another 10/100/1000 samples and the results could be different.

@guest , next time you attemt to post , dare to inform the Wilders community when your :-* beloved COMODO :-* is going to take part in any public reputable test not just standing in its own turret and shouting "I've got muscles".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
  11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Return to topic ? :D
    I still don't understand this test exactly but anyways HAHAHAHA i jsut look at the results :rolleyes:

13. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I just wish freewares bash the paid ones :thumb:
    which they are doing :D

14. guest

guest Guest

Now you are saying that Norton scores well in AVC, I though that you have lost your faith on AVC. xD

And please read again, and do not manipulate my messages, I said that you can start to lose your faith in the sponsored tests, not in Norton, so you dont need to write all this pointless paragraph. If you have read any of my previous post you will see that I agree with what you have written in the second paragraph

I dont have any personal affair with any security product, if you have and enjoy this kind of relationships is not my problem.

Only the products involved in the main tests of AVC can participate in the Dynamic test officially, so Comodo need to be first in the main tests, I know that they are trying but dont seems to be so easy or fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2010
  15. progress

progress Guest

Yes, I guess Comodo have to pay a few thousand € before they will be tested :D

16. echtp

echtp Registered Member

Would it make a big difference if the Windows would have been 64 bit? I know some antivirus won't load all components on a 64 bit system.

17. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

I think it wouldn't make a big difference for most products. HIPSes and Sandboxes are usually (a bit) weaker on 64-bit systems, but not many products tested here use those technologies by default.

18. echtp

echtp Registered Member

Well, Avira does and is not fully functional in a 64bit system.

19. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

:rolleyes:

there are good products and bad products, not free and paid.

20. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I want to know how Trend Micro did so well in this test, but always does so horrible in the Main detection test.

21. IBK

IBK AV Expert

TrendMicro relies mainly on its URL blacklisting filter to block websites.

22. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

IBK, perhaps you overlooked my question a couple of days ago...

23. IBK

IBK AV Expert

I did not reply because answer is on page 6 of the report, where the included products are listed.

24. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Ok, way easier just to say no... thanks!

25. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

XD! PC Tools is property of Symantec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.