AV-Comparatives Removal Tests released (Nov)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by acr1965, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Once again Bitdefender and Kaspersky on top of the food chain. :D
    Panda did a good job considering it's a cloud scanner and the free version.

2. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

I've noticed some system tools are labeled as PUP as well. But no, enabling PUP wouldn't have made any real difference. Fake AVs and such are the realm of tools like MBAM.

3. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

where is MSE?
    Does n't it participate in av-comp. tests?

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

That's why I've asked you guys to heat things up. AV-C may have considered WSA not good enough in removing stuffs to include in the removal test. :doubt::(

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I don't care much about removal, just detection. If my AV ever found something (and it never has), I'd be restoring an image or reformatting immediately. There's no other way to be 100% clean and sure.

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I usually prefer formatting also but there are people that have tons of things in their PC, so they prefer disinfection.
    I've helped friends restore default configs in their laptops/desktops and there have been countless times where forgot to backup some files and ended up loosing them. :D

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

That's true, some people have years of data and apps on their machine, and often no backup to speak of. I always have a good image around to rebuild from, so it doesn't take long. I guess I just don't trust an AV or anything else to clean up 100%. But you make a good point....

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahahaha but WE the Wilders paranoids always taken preventive measures, i always have 2 or 3 backups of all my important files in different backup media (HDD, Flash Drives etc.) so if i ever get infected (Haven't been infected since a looooong time ago, at least not that i know of hahahaha) i'll just format. :thumb: :D

9. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

+1
    Kaspersky was always good but what surprise me most is BD :blink:

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Yeah BD has become the super heavyweight champ of the av world. :D

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

KAV & BD also lead the charts on av-test.org. Impressive ;)

12. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Kaspersky and Bitdefender.
    Business as Usual...:D

13. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Nah, Noob. The free label means nothing if implying the Pro version would do better! But yes, it is FREE. The team made a lot of improvements for 2.0 and the result is showing. ;)

14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahaha yeah i know, the free version comes with full detection and removal capabilities the only difference from the Pro i think is the BB and Firewall. :D

15. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

actually, Panda Cloud free also has the behaviour blocker.

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Though, has anyone ever seen Panda Cloud behavior analysis ever catch anything? I've seen Behavior blocker to block few things but never Behavior analysis. Anyone else ever seen it in action?

17. itman

itman Registered Member

I don't know why people are surprised by these results.

Kapersky, Bitdefender, and Norton if it was in the test are always tops in removal. It's a matter of economics. These software offerings are also among the most expensive sold. As such, you should be getting the best overall protection available and these offerings consistently deliver.

18. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Behavior analysis is the second half of the behavioral engine, and it focuses on processes. If you see an alert it will mention that it was a behavioral detection.

19. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The problem i think is that Panda's behavioral blocker/engine is very very very specific on what it detects, it's not like other behavioral scanners that flags most actions and then creates a whitelist.
    IMO i've never ever seen Panda BB alerting me, not even when i used to play with AV's in a VM.
    Personally i consider it almost useless. :D

20. carat

carat Guest

Not at all. :doubt:

21. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I would say removal is VERY important. The average user doesn't know about layers and such, so they rely on their free AV, usually AVG or Avast! (which did the worst) to protect them and remove threats that get through realtime protection.

22. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Oddly the removal test is no longer on AV-comparatives' website. What has happened here?

23. IBK

IBK AV Expert

A problem with the server. A backup of the site has been played into, which is why the removal report disappeared. The site should soon be updated again and the report reappear.

24. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

maybe - regular users dont have time, energy and knowledge about - and the rest did advertisement. so the pro's dont talk without reason that removal is only scratching the surface - the damage is deep inside and cant be repaired. none really knows where and what malware changes bits. and at least the effort about removal exceeds any time and money which is only needed for data recovery and new from scratch. with a proper backup its anytime possible to go back in time in minutes - unplug computer for that period and recover latest action with which the hazard came in - in many cases last time it was java, flash or pdf (or wanted illegal stuff). yes idd, it such easy... you can trust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.