AV-Comparatives: Performance Test - April 2021

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by anon, May 5, 2021.

1. Kirk Reynolds

Kirk Reynolds Registered Member

So Panda ran away with that. I know they were bought out recently by an American company in the NW. Does that have anything to do with Panda's performance you think?

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Panda has always been light. This is not always shown in performance tests because antivirus performance can vary so much from one computer to the next. My experience with it on a number of computers is that is has always been very light, but there are instances where people find it slows down their computers.

As always, the best test of performance is to try an antivirus yourself and see how well it runs on your own computer.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

BTW, did you ever check out the AV from Acronis? Seems like they have now integrated an AV with their backup tool, but I don't know if they developed it themselves.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I think they're using signatures from someone else. I've never been able to find a trial version to install.

5. Rasheed187

6. Rasheed187

BTW, just for informational purposes, but I see that this year Acronis has bought Nyotron. So they didn't actually develop their enterprise security tools themselves, at least not their EDR system. Nyotron was known for their Nyotron Paranoid product that took a bit of a different approach, it mapped all normal app behavior, instead of trying to tackle all bad behaviors, interesting stuff. So seems that Acronis has become quite a big player in the IT security industry.

https://www.acronis.com/en-us/blog/...last-line-defense-if-cyberthreats-get-through

7. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

It slowed down mine a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.