AV-Comparatives Performance Test - April 2018

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Spartan, May 9, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

You can have better protection and faster performances with a simple default-deny solutions (SRP, anti-exe, etc...) that any AV could ever achieve.
    On my machines i let WD active because i don't see any overwhelming benefits if i disable it; however it will never be my main defense.

2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Now you are changing your tune. First you say to open a folder full of files/exe and you will see what "crawl to death" means. Now you say "of course" it opens instantly.

That is not an indication of WD causing the problem. And I don't have that problem. I just rebooted two systems here, then checked the System32 folders again. All the icons were still there! Perhaps you have a corrupt icon cache, I don't know.

And frankly, I hardly think opening a folder for the first time after a fresh install is a fair test of any anti-malware solution - unless you are hunting for reasons to dislike it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.