AV Comparatives NOv 08 and VB100 Dec 08

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nodyforever, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

Hello,

Circulations ESET :) Better AV 2008 award granted

VB100 - 53th - Windows Vista x64 :cool:

AV comparatives - Retrospective/ProActive - ADvanced+ - Unique AV :D :D

AV Comparatives - Performance test - Advanced+ Top 1

GOOOD WORK

Most Reagrds,
    NF

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  2. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

But you think that it's going to be the best antivirus in this year by Av-comparatives again?

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Look, let me spell this out real clear. I like IBK and still say that for my use of getting solid testing results, I look at his site and no where else. This testing, isnt a perfect science. He has perfected what he feels is the right criteria to test products and report back on the results. But you are farting in the wind if Eset wins this year. They deserved :rolleyes: it last year and may spring back, next year. But Avira has taken the crown this year, and you know what, thats ok. They all need to learn from each other. So I am not worried about who is better or who wins what, because as far as this year, that was decided in November.

And heaven forbid should it be different. Then we might have a issue. But AV Comparitives, is still the only legit site for accurate testing and reporting on security products. Nuff said.

4. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

trjam;

I'm not looking to pick a fight and get into a long-winded argument about which of anything is the best.
    We both know, "best" is a subjective value.

I was intrigued by your statement that "AV Comparatives is still the only legit site for accurate testing and reporting on security products".

What is the criteria by which all others fail ?

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Consistency.

6. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
    I like AV Comparatives as well, but find several other test organizations offer valuable information so I try to check in with them on a fairly regular basis.
    I do feel that AV Comparitives has the most thorough testing process and, for me, the easiest to understand reports.
    I also like their website; lots of great ancillary information and good forums as well.
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.