AV-Comparatives: Business Security Test 2022 (August – November)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Minimalist, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Quite interesting, only Avast managed to block all malware attacks but it did produce 10 false alarms. Win Defender dropped the ball with 6 misses (5 FP's), same goes for Malwarebytes but it produced a whopping 44 FP's. And Sophos also did a bad job with 11 misses.

3. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Curious of there’s a massive difference in performance between the home version and business version of Windows Defender

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I doubt it, from what I understood Win Def Home and Business edition are about the same protection wise. But you are probably talking about performance in terms of speed. I also doubt this is any different since they probably make use of the exact same engine.

5. itman

itman Registered Member

Of note for this report, two malware tests were performed; real-time (0-day) and prevalent malware.

Avast UBS was the only vendor to score 100% in both tests; abet with 10 FP's on the real-time test. Additionally, it also received a perfect score in performance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.