AV-Comparatives Anti-Phising test August 2012

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Hmm, not the only one.

2. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

aah sorry forgot about panda,but in this particular test the results were not published,so i forgot to mention it.

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Avira and (I think) AVG have tested with their respective free versions but that was only in certain ones.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Says who? My version 5 says it does.

Attached Files:

5. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

so how come Eset is sucking so bad in this test? even against free solutions?

makes me want to uninstall my ESS and stick to avast free antivirus...hmmm...

6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2101670&postcount=3
    In this test the only freebie ranking higher than ESET was avast.

Wow. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  7. People give McAfee a lot of bad press on this board but it's not a bad product. Bloated yes, very very bloated and I'm no fanboi but the results speak for themselves. Now Intel have bought it watch this space because it will pumped full of development money and it's installed on most new laptop's so the product has got to be up to shape if they wan't returning customer's.

Does anyone here use it? Come on fess up:p

8. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

And I always wonder, why do all corporations use McAfee which is the most bloated AV and slows down PCs to a crawl

One IT Manager told me it's the fact that its much cheaper to purchase multiple licenses for corporations than other AVs...

9. Intel own's them so they can basically give away a McAfee license with every new PC/Laptop.

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hehe and then Avast performs a little low and you change again, and again, and the story goes on.

I did almost get infected with a Fake little idiot couple months ago but I didn't change vendor because of that, I quited the browser process and the problem went away. And that's the only time ESET has failed me.

One has to look at the "big picture", and what fit your needs best, not only one test then I would have left ESET a long long time ago. :D

And as always when it comes to AV's... no vendor will ever be 100% effective against all types of malware :thumb: Keep that rule in mind :)

11. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

Nopes Avira and AVG always test their paid versions.

12. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

avast! always tests with free version unless they tests specific functionality that is only found in lets say Internet Security version (firewalls). As far as antivirus is concerned, they always use free version. It's intentionally, just to prove the point free solutions aren't any worse than paid for ones.

13. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Oh, but I could have sworn Avira Free was in the on-demand test. :doubt:

14. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Avira Free Antivirus has been tested. At least, for the November 2011 removal test report.

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition has been tested for, at least, some of the file detection test reports.

15. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Agree

16. Deenka

Deenka Registered Member

Yeah you paid big money for ESET give permission for cybercrime take your money. At least you'll save anything using a free antivirus.

17. Deenka

Deenka Registered Member

As always super slow for add new features. and as always ridiculous.....:cautious:

18. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Thanks for the info. :D
    Just gonna check it, kinda busy in the last few days.

19. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

this is an anti phishing test so why on earth was a product with absolutely none submitted for testing..??
    no wonder it came last lol.

20. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well Intel's got money on AVG too (minority stakeholder)....and oddly enough AVG seems to now be bundled with select AMD processors. I don't know where Intel is headed with AVG considering their acquisition of McAfee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.