AV-C On-Demand Comparative Test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

After these results I decided it might be nice to switch my laptop from Microsoft Security Essentials to Avast! while keeping MSE on my desktop. After installing Avast! I remembered why MSE was such a breath of fresh air, the protection that av-comparatives.org shows for MSE comes out of the box, while with Avast! I am doing hundreds of clicks in a number of different screens to recreate their test results, and due to them not specifying what "highest settings" means, I'm not even sure at the end of it all if I succeeded.

I uninstalled Avast! as I couldn't be bothered with all that messing about and went back to MSE.

2. vlk

vlk AV Expert

Let me tell you a secret. You really don't have to do "hundreds of clicks" (or even any clicks) in avast... the default settings are just fine.

3. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

vlk, could you tell me what's BV:xxxx in the signature stands for?

Thanks,
    Harsha

4. Quitch

Quitch Registered Member

Unfortunately the av-comparative.org test isn't using the default settings, so while they might be "fine" they might also be no different from MSE in on-comparatives and also still behind in heuristics, so why would I switch then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.