autorun virus

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Armoos, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armoos

Armoos Registered Member

Hi!
    It's been a while that my computer has been infected with an annoying autorun virus.
    I have windows xp sp3 updated with nod32 v4 and also ad-aware 2009!
    whenever i attach a usb pen drive to my computer nod32 alert me with a message that says the usb has a autorun which is now quarantine by nod32, it's happen for all the usb drive whether they were infected or not! the next thing happen which is most annoying is that the virus make all the folders in the usb drive hidden and made a folder-like, exe files with their names! and they all have same sizes! it also create a recycler.exe!
    I used lot of tricks and solution to get rid of this but i couldn't succeed!
    i also have a ubunto on my computer which might help if i know where can i find the autorun virus files!

Please help me if you have any clue!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest that you:
    1, exclude autorun.inf being detected from scanning
    2, open it in a text editor to see what file it triggers
    3, scan that file with maximum settings (ie. advanced heuristics and runtime packers enabled which are enabled by default)
    4, if the file is not detected, send it to ESET per the instructions here. In the meantime, you can search for suspicious files using SysInspector and rename them, but don't do that if you're not familiar with system files and applications you have installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.