Automatically set Mobile User Flag

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edwin3333, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I see the option to reset the NEW flag. How about the Mobile User Flag?

As it is, I delete machines from the RA that haven't talked in a while. Some are laptops and when they connect after being deleted, they don't update their Antivirus signature for about an hour. They have scheduled jobs to check for updates at system start, but things like Cisco port fast, and WPA2 can prevent that from working.

If I set mobile user flag then they will try again once they talk to the RA which is about 2-5 mins after system boot. I'd like all machines automatically set as mobile users.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I believe the functionality you want comes in the ERA 3.0 beta as the policy manager. I am not aware of any way of applying a default policy like you are describing as it stands with v2. My solution for the time being has been to have all new clients set their "new" flag and set my console to alert if a client has that flag so I am aware of when something's configuration needs to be modified.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.