Automatically recover MBR in Windows XP Pro

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by VMK, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VMK

VMK Registered Member

I'm having a problem here, I bought Disk Director Suite 10 because it says it can Automatically recover MBR when windows can't boot, how exactly do you get it to Automatically recover the MBR? Once I select the option to boot to the windows operating system I get the same error I've been getting before buying the software. Is this application suppose to help with problems when windows won't boot?

My windows error is as follows when I boot:
    ============================================
    Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
    \windows\system32\config\system

============================================

Now it also says that I can try to repair the file by booting from the cd but it will boot to the cd and go through the motions but in the end the problem wont be solved, I still cannot boot and am still getting the same error.

Can anyone help?

Please do not send me to the microsoft faq articles please, I already followed their directions and they did not help!

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

VMK:

The error message that you are seeing is generated by Windows after it boots and when the registry is corrupt. Therefore, there is nothing wrong with your MBR. You have a problem with your Windows registry.

Acronis Disk Director can't help you fix that. You need to try one of the registry repair methods listed in this Microsoft article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.