Automatic Virus Eradication & Removal Tool

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by weirddemon, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weirddemon

weirddemon Registered Member

Oh. Right. I forgot I added the OS check to that version. I hadn't even tested it yet. I've uploaded a new one without it and you should be okay now.

*Crosses fingers

Sorry about the issues and I don't need your DirectX file =/

2. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Is .net 2.0 still a requirement to use it?
    My Vista didn't come with .net and I'd like to keep it that way. :D

3. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Working nicely :thumb: ...havent updated totally yet bt i started update and it was updaing and den i cancelled it..will update it tonight and den see how it works :)

4. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Sure!:D

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I'm with Searching_ _ _ :thumb: on not having or wanting NET :thumbd:

6. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I ticked only asquared as m just happy with it :thumb: coz it has the best detection rates :D
    it downloaded a2cmd folder and den again an update when i ran d scan

my question is it updates everytime when i run avert so what happens if we are on pc which has no net connection ?

where is this update stored ?

and i think there should be log / error report for the cmd too if it stops like it happened b4 so that we know the reason

7. weirddemon

Have the .NET 2.0 framework as a prerequisite is not a big deal. Vista came with at least that framework installed and quite frankly, it's a little silly not to have the framework installed because it's an automatic update and a lot of applications use it.

And yes, The_Champ, it downloads updates each time. I'm working on a method to download signatures separately and then add them in manually, bur it's not a main focus at the moment.

If you have no internet connection, it obviously can't update. But, some signatures are shipped with A2.

That's not a predictable situation. If it was, it wouldn't crash at all.

8. curious george

curious george Registered Member

I'm currently scanning with all the scanners, and trend micro gave me an install error, upon clicking okay, the scan went just fine.

9. weirddemon

Yeah. I saw that it does that sometimes. I don't know why. It's nothing I can do about it since it's a Trend Micro product. I'll have to contact them or look it up to see what's going on.

10. andylau

andylau Registered Member

I think you have made some mistakes in using the parameters of TM, please check it.

The parameters you have used:
    As for VSCANTM.BIN:
    /NBPM - does not have this parameter
    /VSBKENC+ - does not have this parameter
    /LR= /LD= /LC= /LCF= - need to specify a path for each one

I make some changes:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  11. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Now I am curious about this, is it legal to use these command line tools in this way? I thought you had to license the engines to include them in another product? Now I may be wrong but this just came to mind as soon as I saw this thread. If it is legal nice job on the tool set :)

12. weirddemon

I don't think it's illegal. At least not according to your quote. When you run AVERT and you select, "Agree" on the license page, you're agreeing to my license agreement as well as the license agreements of each 3rd party tools used.

It's in black in white. You just have to read it ;)

http://p1cture.me/images/91443832223210142552.jpg

13. weirddemon

AVERT has now been updated to version 1.1.

The new version adds an updating feature. This way, when an update is available, you'll only need to update the executable and not the entire package.

You'll need to re-download the entire package and the update feature can be used for any further updates.

Thanks

14. curious george

curious george Registered Member

If were were to download the trial for avira, and use THAT key in the command line scanner, would it work?

15. weirddemon

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, the documentation says the license key has to be from one of the paid versions.

There's no harm in trying though

16. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

weirddemon, you're really doing a great job and as a IT Tech, this is the kind of tool I need, one AV multi scanner to do the job.

Let me ask this, if everyone that knows, were to list all the cli scanners they could come up with, what would they be?

See as an IT Tech I need as much at my disposal as an all in one tool to do the job, so the more the merrier in the way of having a lot of engines.

Let's think of Virus Total portable here, LOL....

So how many great AV cli scanners are there and could we get more added in?

THANKS

P.S. You should at least put up a Blog site at Blogger for this, or something similar that's free so you at least have a little site for Avert. :D

17. subratam

subratam Registered Member

I believe someone Jr. have already registered something named www.avertsoftware.com, now what he does with that, time will tell. Am I right weirddemon ;)

18. weirddemon

Yeah. I registered www.avertsoftware.com last week.

Right now, the only thing I'm using it for is to host the files for AVERT. But, soon hopefully, I'll stop being lazy and create a basic site+forum :D

19. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Cool, so quit being lazy, what ya waiting for Christmas? LOL... :)

So can we get a list of all the CLI Scanners out there, that is possible we can add into this?

THANKS

20. weirddemon

AVERT 1.2 has been released. With it, I've taken everyone's advice with VIPRE. Since VIPRE won't let you download signatures without re-downloading the entire package, you won't have to download the initial package.

So, as long as it's checked to run and updates are checked, then the newest package will download each time, giving the user the newest signatures.

This also means that VIPRE is the only scanner that can be ran without "installing" any into AVERT. Right out of the box, it can be used.

And finally, with the updating option being implemented, AVERT.exe was supposed to be the only file that needed updating from now on. However, the signatures.xml file needed updating since I had to add the VIPRE information in. So, please re-download the entire package to get the new signatures file.

As for the website, I'm working on it and it should be up soon ;)

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  21. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Maybe give these a go for your site,

PivotX content management with themes; Bare Bones, Digg Style, Indian Summer, Magazine
    CMSimple content management with themes; Graidltwin, Curv1, Stripemee, Cuteal, Tablez, Aikido, Limer
    Pluck-CMS content management with themes; Blue Pigment, Computerised, (Free CSS Templates) Club House, Nourish, Precision,

No SQL requirement, from my research into WP alternatives with PHP only.

I'm still deciding if I want to let .net in or not. :gack:
    Microsoft keeps trying to give it to me but I keep deleting it. :D

22. weirddemon

I have a site. I just haven't uploaded any pages to it. Please re-read the posts above.

As for the framework... just download it. It's the 2.0 framework. It was released 4 years ago and is only 22 MBs in size. When making AVERT, I could have targeted any version I wanted, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0. I chose the lowest framework that had the best chances of being on most people's computers. And like I mentioned, is usually pre-installed on XP machines and above, at least.

The only reason it wouldn't be installed, is if you removed it or you did a clean install from a non OEM disk.

23. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Awesome :thumb:
    I'll try it!!
    Seems like an awesome idea !!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

24. weirddemon

I've updated my website with real pages now ;)

So you all can visit http://www.avertsoftware.com to get all the latest information and downloads. The initial download link on the first page will still work since it's a permanent URL, but is also available on the website.

Although the site is up, I'm still working on getting all the pages finished. Shouldn't be long though

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

good idea indeed;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.